Magdalene Laundries - another Church scandal

An old thread but the story has not gone away.
Joe Duffy's Liveline has been bothering me since listening to it.
What a disgusting disgrace. Add to the fact tat the police were effectively at the Bishops beck and call.
You can listen to the Podcast here.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

The woman worked all her life as a slave without pay 45 years!!!
The Arch Bishops should have been jailed. Thank goodness for Joe Duffy.
People have different opinions about him but he is the only one giving air time.

JB, if you want to start saying that the Irish people here are responsible for some of this, go ahead.:comfort

I was just answering petcul on a personal level after he said

And I stand by what I said......people who are Irish shouldn't feel responsible just because they are Irish......the ones responsible are the Catholic church leaders/priests, and as you say, anyone representing or part of 'the state' who hushed it up or ignored it.

Institutional hush-ups are not by any means a new thing.....Apart from 'unofficial' sources like many hundreds of blogs and internet news sites, you won't find ANY official mention of "The right dishonourable Edward Heath", our former Prime minister, who probably (allegedly) had his cock up quite a lot of under-age boys in his time.......link his name and 'Saville' into 10 minutes Googling and if you're not convinced, you will also believe that the Merkins didn't land on the moon :blast

Spot on Mr Fanum.

Back
Top Bottom