Our shed-built outfit does the Elefant 2013

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It worked :JB

We built it inside 3 months, from scratch (although we did start it with a frame, it soon got made entirely redundant)

Last week, Gert and Katrin set off to the Elefant in deepest Bavaria......

It's fair to say they managed to fit rather a lot more on board than they would have been able to with just the bike....
American army tent
Beer
Chairs
Table
Beer
Clothing for all weathers and Gert's mankini
Beer

DSCF0157-XL.jpg

LOADS MORE TO COME......I'M GOING TO BULLY GERT INTO WRITING THIS ONE UP :D

Feck me, how much gear do you need for short trip.

Elefant treffen...-20 c when we looked at the forecast the week before.

Wait 'til you see some of the stuff people took :thumb2

This guy was in charge of the wood stove and three of his mates had parts of the tent......the other two had the beer :D

DSCF0162-XL.jpg

Elefant treffen...-20 c when we looked at the forecast the week before.

Wait 'til you see some of the stuff people took :thumb2

This guy was in charge of the wood stove and three of his mates had parts of the tent......the other two had the beer :D

DSCF0162-XL.jpg

I did the altes elefanten treffen a few years back on the 1150, only -8 c so not quite so cold, but as you say the boys like there kit. My £20 tent did the job for me though

I did the altes elefanten treffen a few years back on the 1150, only -8 c so not quite so cold, but as you say the boys like there kit. My £20 tent did the job for me though

It was snowy last week.
1500KM there and back, to a place known to be cold and snowy.....a sidecar to do it on is both sensible and fun.

If you therefore decide to take a sidecar, you're not going to say to yourself 'Oh, I'll take the minimal kit like I'm on the bike solo, and leave loads of empty space :comfort

I agree, it's a LOT of kit, and 80% of it is not necessary, but then you might as well argue that a bike is unnecessary when you could take a car :nenau

Now this rig, I must admit, gives me a semi

DSCF0235-XL.jpg

No idea why, but the bloke hadn't bothered changing out his rear studded wheel, even though this was on the way back and out of the snow :confused:

DSCF0236-XL.jpg

:drool

It was snowy last week.
1500KM there and back, to a place known to be cold and snowy.....a sidecar to do it on is both sensible and fun.

If you therefore decide to take a sidecar, you're not going to say to yourself 'Oh, I'll take the minimal kit like I'm on the bike solo, and leave loads of empty space :comfort

I agree, it's a LOT of kit, and 80% of it is not necessary, but then you might as well argue that a bike is unnecessary when you could take a car :nenau

:thumb2 look forward to see more photos of the trip

Bring it on .... let's be looking :thumb

Did the Elephant in 1999, not the poncy Nürburgring one but the Czech Bavarian border Mester's one, solo, two up :eek:

:beerjug:

Bring it on .... let's be looking :thumb

Did the Elephant in 1999, not the poncy Nürburgring one but the Czech Bavarian border Mester's one, solo, two up :eek:

:beerjug:

2up.................Lizzie weighed no more than 2 bags of sugar, you can't count that waif, as a pillion

Lucky bugger:comfort

Looking forward to the pics and write up, planning on doing this next year!

LOADS MORE TO COME......I'M GOING TO BULLY GERT INTO WRITING THIS ONE UP :D

Right here we go then (now bill has my bo##ocks in the vice :augie)

We set off on monday morning to catch the dayboat from harwich with 2 outfits The reason why we took so much stuff is because there is nothing there Well 1 imbiss (teastall) which sells out by 3 in the afternoon and the nearest shop is about 10 km away We took are own food and shelter tent bbq and warm clothing The weather can change overnight there so you have to be prepared for the wurst really (which 2 englishman found out when they turned up with there halfords festivalcampingkit :confused::confused:and got the wrong idea about winterrallys) In 2010 there was overnight a snowfall off :eek::eek:The bikemirrors just stuck above the snowline We dicided to do the trip in 3 stages as we made it in to a holiday We spend the monday evening at my parents and from there on 500km further to wurzburg were we had a gasthoff for the night

DSCF0212-XL.jpg

This is basicly all civilisation there is THE ENTRANCE

DSCF0199-XL.jpg

and this is what we arrived to ONE calais refugee camp :clap:clap

DSCF0161-XL.jpg

we stopped every hundred miles to get some blood through are mighty fine back sides :D:D The closer we got to deggendorf turnoff (junc 111 on the a3)the more happycampers we saw :ronno
DSCF0163-XL.jpg

lovely ural :clap:clap (will be next purchase for next year:thumb2:thumb2)

DSCF0173-XL.jpg

one off the roads up the hill :clap

DSCF0172-XL.jpg

my old girl parked up No not the girlfriend :rolleyes:

DSCF0191-XL.jpg

local beerwagon :beerjug::beerjug:

DSCF0193-XL.jpg

Right one for you lot then Went up and downhill like nothing else BUT what is it :confused::confused:

DSCF0196-XL.jpg

DSCF0195-XL.jpg

my all time favorite 1943 ZUNDAPP :ronno:ronno

DSCF0202-XL.jpg

best winter outfit ever :rolleyes:

DSCF0223-XL.jpg

them germans :blast:blast

DSCF0221-XL.jpg

DSCF0222-XL.jpg

DSCF0224-XL.jpg

DSCF0239-XL.jpg

hotel with secure parking :beerjug: