Blew up my Montesa yesterday...

Just to further confuse matters, I once snatched the plug lead off a similarly afflicted KX250A4. I did get a hell of a belt from it, and the engine carried on screaming its merry head off! :eek:
So I did what every mechanically inept, panic stricken teenager would do, I unscrewed the spark plug! :eek
I learnt a few valuable lessons that day. :rolleyes:
Mark

So where are these fast sparks coming from if the power to the coil has been cut courtesy of the kill switch :nenau

Dunno, but pulling off the plug cap or yanking the throttle cable has done the trick for me when I was a spotty kid on a host of 2stroke Trials bikes

Kill switches never seen to work for me at 10,000 rpm:augie

I'm still confused.... I've had cases of carbon build up on top of the piston causing ignition, but not these fast sparks.

I guess if pulling off and yanking saved your day that's great :D

I'm still confused.... I've had cases of carbon build up on top of the piston causing ignition, but not these fast sparks.

I guess if pulling off and yanking saved your day that's great :D

Just had a search & read on Trials Central and they just confirmed my thoughts, because the engine is screaming, there is is so much electricity going through the system the kill switch can't arrest it

It has been suggested ...

Yank the throttle cable to drop the carb slide

Pull off the HT lead

Cover the exhaust with a gloved hand, to stall the engine

Put it in a high gear, stick the front wheel against a solid object, dump the clutch and jam the brakes on to stall the engine

Put it in a high gear, stick the front wheel against a solid object, dump the clutch and jam the brakes on to stall the engine

Just like I did when the Fantic clutch stuck, I wheelied up the back of my T4 van and was dumped on the road with a bloody elbow with Ange pissing herself laughing:mad:

more pics - wow

this the bottom end, seems ok. little bit of a wobble on the big end

the cylinder is black as hell, the plug light brown cooked

Attachments

• IMG_4165_640x478.jpg
    IMG_4165_640x478.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_4166_640x478.jpg
    IMG_4166_640x478.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 223
Here you go, Mike

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mhyb0KfuPGk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sorted - head going away for a nikasil replate
new piston and gubbins needed to be ordered clearly.

Quite a heat seizure that, was the general comment.... :D

b*stard. That was an expensive two hours.

Can I ask who's doing your replating for you , may need some done.... Cheers

Just had a search & read on Trials Central and they just confirmed my thoughts, because the engine is screaming, there is is so much electricity going through the system the kill switch can't arrest it

It has been suggested ...

Yank the throttle cable to drop the carb slide

Pull off the HT lead

Cover the exhaust with a gloved hand, to stall the engine

What about pulling the choke out?

Back
Top Bottom