Blew up my Montesa yesterday...

Can I ask who's doing your replating for you , may need some done.... Cheers

very helpful people at Langcourt 01434 612226
nikasil plating plus ally welding to build up the score etc

they couldnt tellme enough about what they had to do and the price was impressive given the sh1te they will have to fix :eek:

cheers JB i'm speakin with him now so I have a spare.
its second hand and came off a 315 he used three or four times before putting an air cooled Honda engine in the reolling chassis. He has told me last night it looks as new. The gasket is new as he is still waiting for it to arrive from dealer.
Collecting friday :cool:

feeling bit better now.

MUST strip the carb float chamber and slider down, get any sh1te out and check the slider is not dirty or the bore damaged and also check the cable, perhaps replace as there seems to be a lot of slack on the outer casing - perhaps this is normal but gonna check it anyhow.

Anyone any thoughts on the choke idea? I have been told that hand over the exhaust doesnt always work as they arent always that tightly assembled that gases can leak out before the outlet.

ANOTHER great tip I have gleaned is a cut off lanyard, just like on a power boat. Knocks the engine out before it even hits the ground to rev up etc. Seems like good idea to me!

What about pulling the choke out?

Most folks don't think it will help and the Dellorto choke is nigh on impossible to activate on a 315R, when you're calm and collected - let alone in a panic and have a hot exhaust

My Mont doesn't even have a choke nowadays :blast

ANOTHER great tip I have gleaned is a cut off lanyard, just like on a power boat. Knocks the engine out before it even hits the ground to rev up etc. Seems like good idea to me!

It was madatory to have those when I was racing grass track bikes to stop them flying through the ropes and into the spectators but I think you'll find some more useful tips .....'elsewhere' :D

carb was pretty clean, little bit of grit in hole on back of throttle slider.
lots of oily mud in the air box.

hope its fixed - picking head up today!!!

piccies anyone? :D

Back
Top Bottom