Wet,Wet,Wet...not the band,but the 2013 Dragon Rally!!

Though I saw you whizz past on the ural! Had a good look around but could not find where you were camping
Catch up next time, off to altes elefantentreffen tomorrow
Just manged to dry everything out in time!

Another outfit that was there was this one. Belongs to my friend Jerry. Did anyone there spot it? We nicknamed it 'Blobby'! :D

ExmoorRun2012257.jpg

Nice one Tarks......almost makes me think I actually enjoyed the rally....in the pissing rain !! :thumb2

I'll get you some rose tinted specs, it seems the only way to think the Dragon Rally's enjoyable:D:thumb

Nice report, respect to everyone there, I couldn't be doing with all that mud and rain :rob :D

Wet wasn't the word.

A quick pic from me.

I did look out for you Tarka, but missed you somehow.

seze2u4e.jpg

Mobile forum connectivity by Touratoad Technology.

Imagine going through life like this. A. Gay.

yduny4a4.jpg

Mid-afternoon I walked down the hill to hear the valley filled with the sound of a piper.

Amazing sound and a great guy.

Here later playing whilst the band took a break.

6ymyza3a.jpg

Cracking report Tarka as for bands maybe Muddy Waters i thought! and look on the bright side mate thats the best the bad weather has looked in a long time:)
See you soon mate.........Ady

Damnit - only just seen this.
And there i was, thinking i'd get some work done this afternoon. :blast

Good reporting as ever Tarka. :thumb2

What an excellent report with great pics that totally capture the "misery". Although this was 5 years ago it totally sums up last weekends Dragon at the very same venue. However I wasn't quite so fortunate in finding anywhere resembling dry to pitch my tent. In fact the photo with the whelspin marks in the mud was what was available. So after collecting my badge and goody bag, vodka this year, and with 340 miles showing on the trip I rode back home. Thus missing the band and also any "lurgy" that could possibly have been caught.
I rolled onto my drive having completed a round trip of 614 mainly wet miles, but strangely pleased with myself that I was still able to put in a fair shift on a bike despite my advancing years:D (72 this year), and had earned my badge although not in the conventional way.

What an excellent report with great pics that totally capture the "misery". Although this was 5 years ago it totally sums up last weekends Dragon at the very same venue. However I wasn't quite so fortunate in finding anywhere resembling dry to pitch my tent. In fact the photo with the whelspin marks in the mud was what was available. So after collecting my badge and goody bag, vodka this year, and with 340 miles showing on the trip I rode back home. Thus missing the band and also any "lurgy" that could possibly have been caught.
I rolled onto my drive having completed a round trip of 614 mainly wet miles, but strangely pleased with myself that I was still able to put in a fair shift on a bike despite my advancing years:D (72 this year), and had earned my badge although not in the conventional way.
Woo! :eek:
Fair Play to you :clap
I'd have felt the same way and i'm only a junior (at 58 :blush: )
~~
Og :D

That back road from Llanrwst is my favourite piece of tarmac to ride on a dirt bike.

As for the Dragon rally, I went once and that was more than enough but when it comes around part of me thinks about going again, but only a small part :D

Nice one Tarka ...

I wonder if my mates made it on C90's ... maybe they jacked b4 getting there..... must ring..

Great posts Tarka; the Draggon ; and the Elephant have been bit of s bucket list kind of thing for me for a long time; but I hate shitty boggy fields , although i have seen plenty at the TT over the years. Dent's a lot like the Draggon , I would imagine , and I always look forward to that, rain or shine. Like that Ural mug. :beerjug:

As for the Dragon rally, I went once and that was more than enough but when it comes around part of me thinks about going again, but only a small part :D

Ha ha ...I was there. We watched the BMW Owners Club brethren, five to a 'bike, and feet down :D

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom