Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wet,Wet,Wet...not the band,but the 2013 Dragon Rally!!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Damnit - only just seen this.
    And there i was, thinking i'd get some work done this afternoon.

Good reporting as ever Tarka.
    appears bright from a distance / dim up close

What an excellent report with great pics that totally capture the "misery". Although this was 5 years ago it totally sums up last weekends Dragon at the very same venue. However I wasn't quite so fortunate in finding anywhere resembling dry to pitch my tent. In fact the photo with the whelspin marks in the mud was what was available. So after collecting my badge and goody bag, vodka this year, and with 340 miles showing on the trip I rode back home. Thus missing the band and also any "lurgy" that could possibly have been caught.
    I rolled onto my drive having completed a round trip of 614 mainly wet miles, but strangely pleased with myself that I was still able to put in a fair shift on a bike despite my advancing years (72 this year), and had earned my badge although not in the conventional way.

Quote Originally Posted by keshxpress View Post
    What an excellent report with great pics that totally capture the "misery". Although this was 5 years ago it totally sums up last weekends Dragon at the very same venue. However I wasn't quite so fortunate in finding anywhere resembling dry to pitch my tent. In fact the photo with the whelspin marks in the mud was what was available. So after collecting my badge and goody bag, vodka this year, and with 340 miles showing on the trip I rode back home. Thus missing the band and also any "lurgy" that could possibly have been caught.
    I rolled onto my drive having completed a round trip of 614 mainly wet miles, but strangely pleased with myself that I was still able to put in a fair shift on a bike despite my advancing years (72 this year), and had earned my badge although not in the conventional way.
    Woo!
    Fair Play to you
    I'd have felt the same way and i'm only a junior (at 58 : )
    ~~
    Og
    appears bright from a distance / dim up close

That back road from Llanrwst is my favourite piece of tarmac to ride on a dirt bike.

As for the Dragon rally, I went once and that was more than enough but when it comes around part of me thinks about going again, but only a small part
    KEA

# C2, T1 ,T3 & T4 = Halo Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Nice one Tarka ...

I wonder if my mates made it on C90's ... maybe they jacked b4 getting there..... must ring..

Poise - The art of raising an eyebrow - not the roof.

Great posts Tarka; the Draggon ; and the Elephant have been bit of s bucket list kind of thing for me for a long time; but I hate shitty boggy fields , although i have seen plenty at the TT over the years. Dent's a lot like the Draggon , I would imagine , and I always look forward to that, rain or shine. Like that Ural mug.

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post

As for the Dragon rally, I went once and that was more than enough but when it comes around part of me thinks about going again, but only a small part
    Ha ha ...I was there. We watched the BMW Owners Club brethren, five to a 'bike, and feet down

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123