Changing GSA 1200 for tiger 800xc

dave.c.

Reaction score
Thinking of changing my 2009 GSA 1200 for a tiger 800xc.
Main reason being weight related.
Test rode one today and was impressed.
Anyone gone down this route before.
Any oppinions.

Any oppinions.

First question is why is the GSA to heavy?

parking, putting it on the stand, medical issues, off road?

Any oppinions.

It'll probably be more reliable than a BMW, oh hang on, I forgot it's a Triumph

First question is why is the GSA to heavy?

parking, putting it on the stand, medical issues, off road?

Di'nt say the gsa was to heavy, just thinking about something lighter.
Thought i;d put it on here to get some feedback and oppinions.
Thanks for your input.

Its also posted on the Hexhead posts.

Di'nt say the gsa was to heavy, just thinking about something lighter.
Thought i;d put it on here to get some feedback and oppinions.
Thanks for your input.

Its also posted on the Hexhead posts.

I had t800xc for 2 years great bike had no issues with it at all toured Europe down to tuscany and alps faultless

Loved my GS12 but in three years ownership had the FPC let go, lots of corrosion issues and crap lights sorted by les of this parish

Now have tiger explorer and it's superb, tempted by the new WC GS but will have to wait a couple of years before I test it

Have you had your cam buckets changed as per the Triumph Technical Bulletin?

Nope there is a limited range on the vin , mine is not one of them and it's been a noise issue for most ( then they are fitting none road legal cans:nenau)

TBH, same as BMW I think when there is an issue most things get sorted under warranty forums tend to get a bit hysterical ( bloody 36 pages on cam buckets and I can not remember how many on the FPC issue for BMVee)

Love both brands and happily swop between the 2, but do like the look of the new KTM adventure tho'

I read over on Triumph Torque that Triumph have now closed the campaign

Yep think they initially responded to forum hysteria and went over board changing the buckets on some bikes that were neither noisy or any other problems leaving an odd owner wishing they had not had it done

I tend to trust my dealer whom predicted this

Examples of forum hysteria

Forum - update for throttle
Dealer - no is not one
Forum - some had 'it' done
Dealer - is not one
Forum - had it done it's worse/ it's better/ it's no different
Dealer - seriously there is not one they are all mad
Me - nowt wrong in first place, I believe you dealer

Strange forum psychology that can persuade others they have a 'problem' that was not there before they read about it, I reckon some one could write thesis on it

Yep think they initially responded to forum hysteria and went over board changing the buckets on some bikes that were neither noisy or any other problems leaving an odd owner wishing they had not had it done

Dealer - no is not one
Dealer - is not one

Strange forum psychology that can persuade others they have a 'problem' that was not there before they read about it, I reckon some one could write thesis on it

That's forums for ya:rolleyes::blast:D

I struggled with this dilemma for a while. Found the answer. Talked my wife into buying the Tiger. Kept my GSA.

Now I ride both...!

:thumb2

Dealer - no is not one
Dealer - is not one

I hear what you are saying and have a mate who owns an Explorer and is happy with the throttle. He also doesn't have a rattley engine. Then again I have spoken to people who think the throttle on their Explorer is too light and I have witnessed running Explorer motors that are rattling like two skeletons shagging in a dustbin :eek:

Who is it that your dealer thinks is mad? :nenau

I hear what you are saying and have a mate who owns an Explorer and is happy with the throttle. He also doesn't have a rattley engine. Then again I have spoken to people who think the throttle on their Explorer is too light and I have witnessed running Explorer motors that are rattling like two skeletons shagging in a dustbin :eek:

Who is it that your dealer thinks is mad? :nenau

The peeps who believe there is a throttle 'update', as he would happily put one on if they had one:bounce1

Maybe I've got this wrong but I'm sure I read that the all new Trophy 1200 has a different throttle 'tune' so as to make it's action not so sensitive and that dealers would do the update to any Explorer owners bikes who were unhappy with their throttle?

I have had a couple of Tiger 955i's before 2 GSA's. Recently test rode an 800XC was also well impressed so I have ordered one. Going on the rode 1st March.

I should be well placed to give you a comparison as I am keeping the GSA as well.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom