Benham Motorrad - Director contact

Welcome Steve, takes an open mind to do as you are. Be nice if more dealers got on here to see what people really feel, it is easier to rant on a keyboard as opposed to face to face.
If I were closer to you your post would give me cause visit your gaff!

Welcome to the forum Steve, you seem honest and sincere in your intentions which can only be a good thing. I wish you well for the future.

PS. You sometimes need skin like crocodile hide on here:D

Thanks for your kind welcome. While I might not have crocodile skin, I do have very broad shoulders! Seriously though, as you say, it can only be a good thing for both parties in the long run.

Take care

Regards

S

Welcome to the site Steve. I bought my 2010 R1200GSA from you back in November and couldn't be happier with the service I got. Was well looked after by Gary.

Hi, thanks for that. It's great to know we do get it right more often than not. Gary, another guy I took on for his passion first and sales skill second. He can talk the legs of a donkey, but loves his bikes and everything that goes with them. I think he's collected a bike this weekend to start a custom scrambler conversion on so we'll see how that goes!

Hope to see you soon.

Regards

S

Welcome Steve, takes an open mind to do as you are. Be nice if more dealers got on here to see what people really feel, it is easier to rant on a keyboard as opposed to face to face.
If I were closer to you your post would give me cause visit your gaff!

Thanks for your kind welcome. Remember, any destination is only a great bike ride away!

Ride safe

Regards

S

Well done too many hide behind their logo stand up and be counted
Make sure no one tells him about Timmys

Must say my initial experience of Benhams was awful, back in 2009 i took a 1200rt in for some warranty work which was carried out, however in the process the technicians caused the Baher intercom to not work, after several weeks still unable to fix i had to get it fixed myself and send invoice to Benhams, I was not a happy chappy and vowed never to return.

In December this year my 2010 1200gsa would not start, called bmw assist and arranged to have it taken to CLARKS in brum only to find they had shut up shop over the xmas period for 10 days:blast, with a little aprehension agreed to have it taken to Benhams, who sorted it out within 24hrs and without fuss, I have to say the service i received this time was far better, wether it will prise me away from Clarks I dont know , but well done on the apparent change around.

I thought I was the only person in the UK with a Baehr intercom.

Did you get yours fitted in the UK?

Hi Steve,

Hadn't seen this thread when I booked my GS in for its service this coming monday and hope to be in a position to give some real positive feedback when its been done.

BTW, I don't take sugar in my tea and if you've got a good coffee maker I have to have it with artificial sweetener. :D

Mark.

PS: was it 20 or 25% discount you mentioned for UKGSERS? :augie

Hi Steve,

Hadn't seen this thread when I booked my GS in for its service this coming monday and hope to be in a position to give some real positive feedback when its been done.

BTW, I don't take sugar in my tea and if you've got a good coffee maker I have to have it with artificial sweetener. :D

Mark.

PS: was it 20 or 25% discount you mentioned for UKGSERS? :augie

Hi Mark

The Kettle is always on!

Look forward to seeing you on Monday.

Disappointed

Hiya

Iam personally disappointed with benham Wolverhampton .
I purchased an 05 gs in September 2012 with 12 months aub, 12 months mot and full service history. All carried out by benham the week of me collecting the bike.

The first time I washed the bike I noticed a split in the driveshaft gaiter. I duly took the bike back and they replaced it under the aub. Four months later my tax was due so I got out the mot to tax it and found that there was an advisory of worn handlebar grip, and slightly worn discs all round. I contacted Steve as I thought as an mot advisory I should have been informed that it needed new handlebar grip and brakes. He has since contacted me to say that he would replace the handlebar grip foc as on the advisory it says worn. But as the discs only say slightly worn he has offered me10% discount off replacing them

I feel that I should have been informed of the brakes needing replacement
A. For safety reasons - as they were the mot station
B. if I had known that they were in need of replacement I doubt I would have gone ahead with the purchase, and feel that is probably why I was not informed

I blame myself for not checking the paperwork thoroughly,but as I was buying from a franchised bmw dealership, I didn't think it was necessary

Andy

Hiya

I purchased an 05 gs in September 2012 with 12 months aub, 12 months mot and full service history. All carried out by benham the week of me collecting the bike.

The first time I washed the bike I noticed a split in the driveshaft gaiter. I duly took the bike back and they replaced it under the aub. Four months later my tax was due so I got out the mot to tax it and found that there was an advisory of worn handlebar grip, and slightly worn discs all round. I contacted Steve as I thought as an mot advisory I should have been informed that it needed new handlebar grip and brakes. He has since contacted me to say that he would replace the handlebar grip foc as on the advisory it says worn. But as the discs only say slightly worn he has offered me10% discount off replacing them

B. if I had known that they were in need of replacement I doubt I would have gone ahead with the purchase, and feel that is probably why I was not informed

I blame myself for not checking the paperwork thoroughly,but as I was buying from a franchised bmw dealership, I didn't think it was necessary

Andy

This is a wind up right ? :confused:

Hiya

Andy

Everything on a 7 year old bike will be slightly worn....did you not check your clutch, gearbox and piston rings before purchase?:blast My discs are slightly worn after 30k miles but there's another 30K in them.

Interesting to see a dealer being so open to comment so here's my thoughts on Benhams. I bought my GS from Clarks who were the nearest dealer then (and was always pleased with their level of service). Since Benhams opened and are only down the road from me I have visited a few times.

Personally I dislike the way it feels more like an extension of the car dealership next door and not like a bike shop (although I could also say the same about many dealers these days, including the Triumph dealer in Wolverhampton) so for example the one time I had some work done on the bike it was taken away and I could not talk to the mechanic who had worked on it (servicing was dealt with in the Mini dealership). The one time I went to order parts I had to go through the Mini dealership and into the BMW car dealership and then find the parts on the microfiche myself because the guy in parts had no idea what I was talking about and seemed to hold very little in stock for bikes.

However, I would echo previous comments about David in Sales. I have had the experience in several dealers (including the aforementioned Triumph dealer) when they are all over you when you are buying a bike then barely acknowledge your presence the next time you go in. David is always welcoming and informative and I enjoy calling in just for a coffee and chat. If I knew someone looking for a new BM I wouldn't necessarily recommend the dealers but I would send them to talk to him.

No it's not a wind up.

By your comments it's ok for the mot station not to tell you about advisories and I don't have to change them.

As for clutch and pistons, I didn't know they are part of the mot.I also thought they were covered by the 12 months aub warranty no?

Tell me this, if you were buying privately and looked at an mot that had advisories on it, and the seller hadn't replaced said items, would you still pay full price?

Andy

Back
Top Bottom