lowered suspension

wbonny

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
can anybody tell me if you can reduce the rear shock height on an esa fitted bike. I'm only a short arse so need to get a gs lowered, i tryed a low suspension model from the factory which was great but they are a bit rare on the sales market. any help would be great (apart from platform boots)

Selling mine

I am about to sell my factory lowered T black gs if you interested.

cheers for that link and advise, spoke to john at wilbers very nice chap! and yes i can get any esa fitted with lowering shock upto 65mm.. john suggested a 35mm lowered shock which is 5mm lower than factory would be the one for me and you can still use the centre stand great news

I would speak to Kais suspension
Use them for 16 years and there can lower ESA and fix leaks and set up
All types and makes
As a true ohlins dealer ,not just a fitting service
I trust these chaps can help

:beerjug:
+1 for Kais

I would not recommend making modifications to the standard WP ESA shocks. If there is the budget i would recommend the Wilbers option that have warranty as they are purpose built shocks to lower this model NOT modified shocks that have no warranty.

Replacement costs

I have short legs and a 2013 R1200 GSA, so not always a great marriage :comfort but love the bike. What's the cost of having the shocks replaced with one of the market leaders (Ohlins / Wilbers...)? Better to have the job done in the UK or take advantage of the £ / € and have replacement done on the continent? I'm no mechanic so I'm not keen on sending current shocks by post etc.etc. many thanks in advance.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom