New picture, on the new section :-)

stanley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just to get us started,

8469291442_abe291f260_c.jpg

Only picked it up last week; so can't comment too much....... yet!
But it's proper gorgeous, and the dohc engine is so much smoother and stronger than the earlier engine.
Bike is a year and a bit old, 6k miles, Classic with lots of electronic begubbins, comfort seat, and chrome bits.
Off for a tour of Andalucia on it next month, and a big tour to the Arctic Circle in Summer.
Can't wait :beerjug:

It replaces my trusty 1200RT, which in turn replaced my not-quite-so-trusty 1200GS.
Fancied a change; wanted the dohc engine- couldn't afford a dohc RT!
Always fancied an 'R' too :D

chrometaaaaaaastic mate :cool:

Also got the stealth screen I see :green gri

what breed are your crash bungs on the FD thingy, axles and that?

Any good? Where from ? How much ?

The crash bung on the FD is Touratech; I'm not sure about the ones on the front axle. They were all on the bike when I bought it.

Can't see the point in them myself, and I'll probably take the ugly things off at some point!
If I dropped the bike at standstill, they wouldn't touch the floor. If I lob it down the road at speed then the engine is going to take the impact, and I don't thing the bungs would touch down then. What I'm saying is that IF the bungs ever did touch down, then the rest of the bike would be badly damaged and the insurance company would (hopefully) be picking up the bill.
Can see that they are a good idea on slim sportsbikes though.

Cheers :beerjug:

You told me you were "just a poor student". What's this then, 3 years, 3 different bikes SubStan ?

Lovely bike though, I like those chrome covers

Are these nice wheels still tubeless ?

Lol!!

Yeah- still a poor student!!
I don't qualify until mid 2014; hope I get something quickly then. Flexible mortgage is going up and up, but you only live once- bikes are my main "thing". My therapy; they keep me sane!

The GS had to go. The RT was great. I should never have had a go on a dohc boxer though :eek:

Anyway- it's 4 bikes :augie

Re. tubeless or not. I don't know.
Some say yes, some say no. The BMW manual says nothing; so I'm assuming tubeless. Time will tell!

Tubed I think. The tubeless ones on the GS are laced to the edge of the rim not the middle like yours.

Back
Top Bottom