my new beastie

Gizmos - ABS,ASC,OBC,luggage grid & panniers. I was told it also had TPS when I ordered it but when it was delivered, there was none . Dealer said they'd sort me something else
out instead at first service. I can live without TPS as long as I get something in lieu. I can live without ESA. Got a top box on eblag although I can't get into it Dealers have said
they'll sort that out

Don't know what you mean by "R" registered ..... ? It was a pre-registered bike which sat on an angled plinth in the showroom making it difficult for other peeps to put their arses
on (what became) my bike

That's a coincidence?? Mine (2011 Classic) is supposed to have all of the goodies... but the TPC is missing. Thought it might be something to do with the spoked wheels. Maybe it is!
Fitting my luggage grid this week, and have also got a 28l box off ebay.

By "R reg" I mean something like "RF12ABC" There seem to be a lot of them in dealers with low, low miles. ie 5 miles on the one that I looked at. Several with less than 1k miles on them. Maybe BMW registered a load; or loaned a few out?
"R" means registered in Reading. Wonder if BMW HQ is in Reading?

That's a coincidence?? Mine (2011 Classic) is supposed to have all of the goodies... but the TPC is missing. Thought it might be something to do with the spoked wheels. Maybe it is!
Fitting my luggage grid this week, and have also got a 28l box off ebay.

By "R reg" I mean something like "RF12ABC" There seem to be a lot of them in dealers with low, low miles. ie 5 miles on the one that I looked at. Several with less than 1k miles on them. Maybe BMW registered a load; or loaned a few out?
"R" means registered in Reading. Wonder if BMW HQ is in Reading?

In my case, the salesman just made a mistake. He told me it had TPS/TPC and when I asked the chap who delivered the bike whether i could use my existing valve extenders with the new fangled TPS/TPC, he said "it ain't got none, chief" (or words to that effect).

I'm sure I've read somewhere or heard a dealer say that all the Classics were high spec machines but I know Williams in Manc were selling one without ABS and which was a very basic spec :nenau

If you phone the original supplying dealer, they'll tell you if the Classic never has TPS/TPC and if that's because of the spokey wheels. Any BMW dealer can tell you who supplied the bike new. If you're that bothered, that is.

Also just realised you've already posted photies of yours. Nice wheels, mister :cool:

No, mine isn't "R" reg - it starts VU I think.

If you phone the original supplying dealer, they'll tell you if the Classic never has TPS/TPC and if that's because of the spokey wheels. Any BMW dealer can tell you who supplied the bike new. If you're that bothered, that is.

Not that bothered..... but know anyway! Cooper's in Sunderland.
Bought mine at Williams in Manchester; funny; they made a mistake on the spec of mine. Said it had TPC but not ESA. I could tell that it did have ESA because I could see it!! It's got everything and more, bar (no pun intended) the TPC
Happy with it that way around!

We just need this icey weather to clear off now so that we can play out :clap

Back
Top Bottom