New to me, 1200R

wust588

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Great new section. Thanks.
I've owned mine, a 2011 version in red, for just over a week and love it.
I have the standard "comfort seat" and find it too low and uncomfortable, (not enough padding) so ordered and picked up a new "sports seat" today.
Some dealers call it the "standard bench seat" but it is so much more comfortable for me.
Shall be removing the ESA soon and fitting manual Wilbers suspension. As it is now, it is massively oversprung for my puny (70kg) weight.
Will attempt to post some pics soon.

Sounds pretty sweeeeeeeet.

Get those piccies up :thumb2

Removing ESA and putting on wilbers? :eek: Strewth Bruce, you got money to burn ? [None of my beeswax of course and yours to do with as you please] Enjoy.

70kg ?? You'd best be careful - some of the tossers on here may have you as a snack if you stand still long enough.

Sounds pretty sweeeeeeeet.

Get those piccies up :thumb2

Removing ESA and putting on wilbers? :eek: Strewth Bruce, you got money to burn ? [None of my beeswax of course and yours to do with as you please] Enjoy.

70kg ?? You'd best be careful - some of the tossers on here may have you as a snack if you stand still long enough.

I knew before I bought a 1200R that the suspension would be too harsh for me.
Having the Wilbers WESA was my original intention, but after thinking it through, decided that having the ESA or WESA would in my case be pointless.
I would only ever use the button to adjust the damping, and would rarely if ever use the preload.
If in the future I decided to sell the bike I could refit the ESA dampers.
On the 1200R, there is only (on the ESA) preload adjustment on the rear shock.
I never really wanted ESA, it just came with the bike.
Yours is a lovely looking bike by the way.
Will get some pics done when the sun comes out!

when you do those piccies, will you do some with the standard comfort seat and the sport seat ? I'm intrigued re the difference. A sports seat doesn't sound any comfier than a comfort seat :pullface :nenau

Is there any difference height wise? I'm slightly vertically challenged at 5 feet 8 and nine sixteenths (give or take :D ) and find the standard seat is fine height wise and also pretty comfy. I've maybe more natural padding in my 'arris than your snake hips :p :D

when you do those piccies, will you do some with the standard comfort seat and the sport seat ? I'm intrigued re the difference. A sports seat doesn't sound any comfier than a comfort seat :pullface :nenau

Is there any difference height wise? I'm slightly vertically challenged at 5 feet 8 and nine sixteenths (give or take :D ) and find the standard seat is fine height wise and also pretty comfy. I've maybe more natural padding in my 'arris than your snake hips :p :D

According to the BMW gumph, the Std comfort seat (like most UK bikes I think) and Sport seat are the same height.
I reckon the Sport seat is higher, and to me, definitely more compliant and comfortable.
It is flatter.
I'm 5feet 7 and 5 sixty fourths, with I admit not so much padding in 'tharse as I used to have, and have no trouble height wise re the floor.
The std seat felt like I was sitting in a large bucket.
If you look at the 1200R's currently on ebay, you will see a siiver twin cam with the Sport seat. You can compare the seat with the other bikes on offer.
That Sport seat is exactly the same as mine.

Back
Top Bottom