Horizons Unlimited Ireland gathering 2013

am supervising sunday and on medi duty saturday so wont be able make it for even

enjoy all

So Jockser comes to the MAG Rally and makes sure he gets EVERYones attention with the HU flyers..... :D :thumb2
Sure they all have to visit there at some stage over the weekend ;)

am supervising sunday and on medi duty saturday so wont be able make it for even

enjoy all
That's a shame John, maybe next time.

'Tis gonna be a great weekend :bounce1
With presenters and attendees from all over the world and this summer weather set to last through the whole weekend where else would ya wanna be on the 12th ? :aidan
Online registration is now closed but you can still turn up 'on the day'

Just don't forget to pack the sunscreen :Motomartin

Tent packed ..... ready for the off in the morning ...... better late than never !

:beerjug:

Thanks

Thanks to the organisers and helpers

It was brilliant to meet so many people off here in person

Had a Ball the food was good the Craic was mighty and the talks that I went to were very enjoyable

Well done Liam, Jockser and Naomi.

That was fantastic, to have organized the event so well is a credit to the three of ye. The talks were really good, Jaythro's session on the machines and Sam Manicom's talks were two of the highlights of the weekend, second only to the craic in the gazebo Saturday night, who'd have thought Con could play guitar and Kami couldn't sing.

I must have had a lot of drink thought, coz I look very shook in this pic.

null_zpsf9f5a7b2.jpg

Fantastic weekend, great to meet everyone and looking forward to next year already. :JB

Jaysus thanks for that Daithi I thought I had bored yous all to death

You must have been held down and sheared as well :aidan

I'll look forward to next year and I'll have a better bloody bed that doesn't commit Hare krishna in the early hours too!

What a great weekend, far exceeded what I had expected. Those presentations are first class, gave me a real feel for the journeys people have taken. Everyone seemed to share that open accepting spirit that overlanding travellers have towards each other. A bit of a haul up from Cork but still well worth it. Was a real thrill after years of communicating electronically with him to meet Sam Manicom, a guy whose writing really takes you along with him on his journeys.

Not sure how to add text to each photo but, first aid on the road soooo important and good to see a demonstration of how to approach some of the worst things you might come across. Hands on demo re bodging on the go also well worth looking at. All sorts of very articulate and interesting presenters giving their professional quality presentations and that GAA pitch, wow so well looked after compared to some of the ones I've seen over the years.

Attachments

• IMG_5382.jpg
    IMG_5382.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_5390e.jpg
    IMG_5390e.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5398e.jpg
    IMG_5398e.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_5408e.jpg
    IMG_5408e.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 135
Was at first tempted to just blast back down to cork, succumbed to that temptation after leaving Limerick in the dark but made a few little detours near sligo. Grewat scenery up thyere and even a few mountain trails which were called roads and seemed to be good for a bike. Even managed to take in some Curry :D

Attachments

• IMG_5412e.jpg
    IMG_5412e.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_5420e.jpg
    IMG_5420e.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_5425e.jpg
    IMG_5425e.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_5433e.jpg
    IMG_5433e.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_5414e.jpg
    IMG_5414e.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 143
Brill weekend, brill weather, brill presenters, brill people and brill fun.......

Highlight my my weekend was meeting this fellow.........

now where's me sticker...........

Darragh's boy-band photo...........

Kev telling it like it is.....

Caption please....

Great story teller and the dance troop..

Liam getting to grips with things........

Fantastic demonstration of Irish Dancing.....

another caption please

Aidan paid a visit, straight off the boat from hols...

Jockser looking very suspicious

Thanks to everyone for making the weekend such a huge success

Brill weekend, brill weather, brill presenters, brill people and brill fun.......

.....................................................................................................

Thanks to everyone for making the weekend such a huge success

i wasnt there :but :bow :clap :D

A few more.................

Darragh taking it in his stride......... he must be the youngest presenter HU have ever had and a very confident presentation is was too....

proud dad.......

a couple of random snaps,,

Excellent

Had a great & varied weekend. Went to the LOL (Loyal Orange Lodge - not the other LOL) parade in Ballinamallard. One tribe celebrating its heritage with panache.
The HU event edged it out in that cultural diversity was more evident & as ever the hard working core crew made it look like something that just happens organically.
A few H U photos
http://s248.photobucket.com/user/gerrychristie/slideshow/H U 2013?sort=2

Ladies and Gentlemen, for your delectation ... THE LOBSTER SONG !!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vzkS_GXYJV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom