Will Husky be offloading current bikes?

GFJ

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having just bought a TE310, I've been watching the sale of Husky with interest.

The new owner has stated that the road bikes will not feature in the range, and that they will be bringing out a range of dirt bikes by the end of the year (as reported in MCN).

Any thoughts as to potential plans re :-
1 - their road bike range?
2 - Terra 650?
3 - TE range?

Given the TE xlite range are new, I'd have thought they would stay. Any whispers about . . . . I'd save up for a bargain :D

1) If they said no road bikes, than I guess no road bikes. I hope some Street legal Dual Bikes though.

2) I guess the Terra is gone, unless they put their own motor in it.

3) I would think along the lines they have now.

I think if the Terra becomes cheaper, then it would make a good buy. As the engine many of us have had experience with in our GS (singles) and G650X-range.

I have a feeling that this won't be another KTM smothering of a brand like what has happened to the Husaberg range this year. Different coloured plastics and decals......:( ,killing off the superb inverted engine design of the last few year's of the Berg releases.:cool:

So, what is going to be in the 'new' line-up?
Will KTM's CEO build a range of machines to keep him on the Board at KTM but also allow him to drive some shiney new options in to the off-road and dual sport market places?

Talking of options, the interest in the Honda CRF250L is growing and the Yanks are loving it (see advrider threads), a catalyst to bring a 400-450cc version along soon maybe? And CCM, well their 'Adventure' 450cc..... very interesting indeed!

T.

if he does actually buy husky then he will have a conflict of interests and maybe have to leave ktm?

if you want a bargain get yourself a nuda as they will be a collectors piece over time!!!

Nearly all bmw dealers have given up their franchise.
Hes said no future for road so cant see the terra or nuda surviving but like husaberg there is a niche [yea i know its a blue and yellow ktm]
So lets hope the current off road range will be kept and expanded and put into a dealer network that can support the brand

Newcastle MC have the Strada down at £4490 (13MY and new).

Emailed them as looking for a Terra at similar discount :D

Newcastle MC have the Strada down at £4490 (13MY and new).

Emailed them as looking for a Terra at similar discount :D

You know your going to get one soon!!!
Ps doing a mold run on husky on the 12th if you fancy it!!

You want the 18" rear wheel model, no abs braking.

Currently £4700 plus otr. It is the one I would go for, it's a lot of bike for the money, but can't work out what would have to go, and is it that much better than the XCh (it's quite a bit heavier). May stick with the DRZ and XCh, as both are good in their own way.

You know your going to get one soon!!!
Ps doing a mold run on husky on the 12th if you fancy it!!

Hi Chris; just back from a road trip last week, and looking to do something next week, possibly a day's trail and a days road. Whether I can wangle the 12th will depend on her view on my ongoing absence!

Will be in touch.

Hi Chris; just back from a road trip last week, and looking to do something next week, possibly a day's trail and a days road. Whether I can wangle the 12th will depend on her view on my ongoing absence!

Will be in touch.

no problem im sure the terra will do Mold just fine:D
if your doing a mid week give me a shout:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom