Swingarm damage with Scorpion can fitted

Big Lee

Reaction score
I`ve just put my bike in the garage & when taking it off the centre stand with no weight on the bike I heard the centre stand hitting something. After further investigation I saw that if the bike has no weight on it when the centre stand flicks up it just touches the swingarm, when the bike is on the sidestand the centrestand fully touches the swingarm causing it to damage the paint. So at full suspension travel over bumps etc the centre stand will be rubbing on the swingarm.

If you`ve got a scorpion can fitted check you swingarm to centrestand clearance. It looks to me like the bump bracket is a bit too short, I`d be wary of fitting a thicker rubber bump stop incase it compacted over time.

I`ll be on the phone to Brian at Scorpion in the morning.

Hi Big Lee

I have the same problem please let me know wot Brian has to say !!

Thang`s
Mark:beerjug:

[ I`d be wary of fitting a thicker rubber bump stop incase it compacted over time.
I`ll be on the phone to Brian at Scorpion in the morning. [/B]

Yes it probably would Big Lee, but isn't this part of the joys of motorcycling, find a slight design fault then modify to correct it.
I am sure that Brian would appreciate any feedback to improve his product.

Hi Men,

I spoke to Brian & also sent him pictures of the problem, he is going to send me a new link pipe with a longer bump bracket fitted & has kindly offered to pay for the damage to the swingarm :thumb When I get it fitted I`m going to try & get all the weight off the rear suspension to check for fouling at full travel.
Very impressed with scorpions customer service :thumb

Well it was all I expected from a high quality British company :D
BTW the bracket will be extended 10 mm

Big Lee said:
Well it was all I expected from a high quality British company :D
BTW the bracket will be extended 10 mm
I had the same thing. Was sent a pipe with the extra 10mm to sort the problem - shame the new pipe was oval as it wouldn't fit. Was sent a third pipe which ended up being the same as the first. Decided to go to B&Q instead to buy a door stop and screwed that on the end of the bracket. No doubt it will melt in time.

Back
Top Bottom