The loudest thumper?

Banger

Reaction score
I remember my dad starting up his Vincent 500 and boy that thing was loud and it got me thinking which standard bike on sale today has to be the loudest road thumper on the market? :eek:

Hopefully people will pay attention to the fact that you`re asking about stock,original exhausts.

My (now sold) Royal Enfield 500 Woodsman (carb model) was almost excruciatingly loud at speed and on the over-run...it was fruity enough just on tickover.
The bark and crack at speed was truly awesome.
Headaches started after about 50 miles!
In fact,I found it hard to believe that it passed the noise regs at all and seeing as the Woodsman was a stock Bullet modded by Watsonian Squire after import I reckon it was never re-tested once in Woodsman format.

It would be interesting to find out what bikes are louder in stock format,if any are !

How about ...

... the big Honda two-stroke off reader ? CR500 I do believe :blast

Yup, a CR500 at full chat is pretty mind blowing.

Dunno if this counts but my old Rotax engined CCM was ridiculously loud (just ask Dellis ;-) ). It wasn't standard but did come straight from the factory as a special order with a 636 kit and straight through exhaust, and I mean straight through........

Andres

When i bought my DRZ E K2, i was shocked by how loud it was:eek first think i bought was an aftermarket exhaust to quieten it down a bit, it was embarassing to ride:blast

I had a 465 yam that was very crackly but that was a proper racer.

A Bultaco 450, started up on the 11th floor landing of a block of flats, just for a laugh, takes some beating for anti-social behaviour.
The milk bottles were jumping on the spot :D

Back
Top Bottom