Getting There......GPZ900

KAYCEE

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Winter project almost complete. Just need MOT and Tax to get it back on the road :D

Attachments

• KC- 014-1.jpg
    KC- 014-1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,983
  • KC- 040-1.jpg
    KC- 040-1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,690
  • x018-1.jpg
    x018-1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 896
  • 030313- 010-1.jpg
    030313- 010-1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 985
:shout Paging The Other Paul G ........... Paging The Other Paul G .............

Lovely job there fella, do you have any 'before' pics?

that does indeed look the 'bollox' :cool: bloke at works halfway thru the very same he'll love seeing that :thumb2

I've always wanted a 900R....cracking bike you've got there :thumb2

Lovely job there fella, do you have any 'before' pics?

Credit were credit is due, I spent a fair amount of time looing for a good base bike (original exhausts, uncut rear fender, good tank etc.). Found this one in Bradford.

Wasn't much wrong with it in he first place. I've replaced the stickng clutch, changed the fork seals, overhauled the anti-dive unit, got the engine casings and fairing frames powder coated, and cleaned up the bike while it was in bits.

Looking foward to getting out when the weather gets better.

Attachments

• KC- 043-1.JPG
    KC- 043-1.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 526
  • KC- 091-1.JPG
    KC- 091-1.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 520
  • x 026-1.JPG
    x 026-1.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 523
Had an A7 and an A8 GPZ, loved them both, though the early A1/2/3 models were more powerful, the later models did have a better front end as I'm sure you know.
Noise and emissions, as usual, stiffled the output of the A7 / 8.

Had an A7 and an A8 GPZ, loved them both, though the early A1/2/3 models were more powerful, the later models did have a better front end as I'm sure you know.
Noise and emissions, as usual, stiffled the output of the A7 / 8.

Totally disagree with the front end comment. I had a 750R and an A7 and the chassis was designed for a 16" front wheel. The 750R was a much better handling bike. I could get the exhaust on the floor on the 750, the 900 was a pig and much slower turning whilst being less sure footed at the same time.

I wouldn't have another A7 or A8, but I'd love an A3 which were the best tuned of all the 900s. My A7 had A3 airbox mds and was rejetted and easily pulled 150 2 up (whilst wearing shorts and t shirts going :D). Great engines, shitty carbs, needed balancing every 3000 miles. They never went out a bit, pretty much dead on 3k miles they went from spot on to a mile out:blast

Brilliant bike, was always on my list of bikes to own and I did it, now just need the spondulicks for an RC30:thumb2

900R

900r.jpg

Hope the photo works, here's one i built.

still not completed, needs paint job and a few extra's but the basic outline is there

I'll dig out some of her when she was completed

Rob

Last edited:
Brings back memories.:beerjug:
I bought a Gpz900 just before the zx10 came out due to being too impatient to wait... Glad I did as it was a better bike

Sorry, more praise from me, bloody well done! what a lovely job
attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom