stoopid q

where are the two places you did the intro from

ta

140 days !!!!!

really?!??!?!!

fek

ya boy ya!!!!

(i know i know keep up etc :p)

That's up to 19 watched, hope it's not too long until the rest but there is no doubt the time and effort that's gone into putting everything together so far :thumb2

Excellent ... really enjoying. Thanks Oisin for taking the time and trouble :thumb2

:beerjug:

Oisin , I've thoroughly enjoyed these videos. Thanks for all your efforts in making these public and sharing this amazing adventure with everybody.

Whilst my own travels are minimal compared to yours I can certainly relate to how certain moments make you question your own sanity.
The perspective placements really are what you describe them to be when we consider how easy it is to whinge and whine at everyday things in the western world, whereas those "real men" in Mongolia just get on with it. Amazing insight.

I guess a cynical view could be if you travelled alone then how come so much footage of you in the distance approaching or leaving the camera. The enthusiast would perhaps counter argue that with, yes, you have to place a camera, ride back 1/4 of a mile or so and then approach the camera and edit the unwanted footage out so as to make it look like a continuous journey. Jeez man how many times did you have to do that to get the required footage?

Just brilliant! :clap :thumb2

How many times....

Oisin , I've thoroughly enjoyed these videos. Thanks for all your efforts in making these public and sharing this amazing adventure with everybody.

Whilst my own travels are minimal compared to yours I can certainly relate to how certain moments make you question your own sanity.
The perspective placements really are what you describe them to be when we consider how easy it is to whinge and whine at everyday things in the western world, whereas those "real men" in Mongolia just get on with it. Amazing insight.

I guess a cynical view could be if you travelled alone then how come so much footage of you in the distance approaching or leaving the camera. The enthusiast would perhaps counter argue that with, yes, you have to place a camera, ride back 1/4 of a mile or so and then approach the camera and edit the unwanted footage out so as to make it look like a continuous journey. Jeez man how many times did you have to do that to get the required footage?

Just brilliant! :clap :thumb2

a couple of hundred in terms of camera setups...
and its exactly as you describe... get off the bike...setup the camera ...weight it down... you can see it blowing over in Mongolia at one point....
I used to set myself the goal of doing 3 of them a day..... so I think all told there are about 200 of those type of shots..... you'll see that whenever I'm in the shot the camera is always static....which is a good thing ...get to hide my belly!! :):aidan

Into Mongolia

Oisin - I could hug and kiss you a thousand times :hug more even.
Your film of into Mongolia brought it all back, I sat last night alternating between tears and laughter. I swore even more than you! I struggled with a laden 650gs and thought I was a Jessie. Your filming just shows how it was. Awesome. :aidan
Must buy the DVD, there is one I presume?

You are a star, Micky, get your bike out, we need to go back and film!

Oisin - I could hug and kiss you a thousand times :hug more even.

You are a star, Micky, get your bike out, we need to go back and film!

C'mon then gal :inlove

Oisin ... you have a lot to answer for. Your video's bringing it all back. Gracie and myself got through that same Mongolian Border, they gave us a really warm welcome too, but were so surprised we hadn't been murdered and robbed coming through Russia. We looked at the road (what road?) looked at each other and said in stereo "Fucking hell" :eek:

Your truck ride in to Ulan Batar .... Sue spent two days in a truck just the same :eek::eek:

Thanks Oisin :thumb2

Not Dead Yet - Part 20 - Chita to Tynda - Far Eastern Russia

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/isASWOdoa_A?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It keeps getting better Oisin! :beerjug:

It would be great to give you the encouragement to continue your hard slog but I think it's a bit late in the day for that.

There is a true sense of perspective in these videos, especially this latest instalment. Something I particularly like on your footage are the questions you ask yourself, as in this video, and the answers you try to convey to justify the reasons, as if justification were at all necessary, but it is fascinating nonetheless.
The only thing I'm not happy with is that I have now watched vid20 and have to wait for the next screening, oh and the brief glimpses of the girls are all too brief.

Is that a Superman tat I noticed on your right arm? :D I think you probably earnt it mate, but we'll see! :thumby:

Hi Oisin

I take my hat off to you........You must have really questioned the madness and sanity of it all at stage's, but looking back on it it's all character building and what makes us the person who we are.

I have really enjoyed your videos .........thank you for your time and effort in putting these together.

If your ever in my neck of the woods (Cambridgeshire) there will always be a drink waiting for you for the price of a story :beerjug:

Bigboy :clap:clap:clap

Oisin! Next trip giz yer number.....you'll soon get pissed off with messages.

These videos are truelly inspirational Oisin and loving watching them :) I 2nd Bigboys comment but we are in Notts, feel free to call by any time!

Cant wait for next installment!

Another good un, Oisin. Obviously your epic trip is complete now but, your anguish as to Magadan or Vladivostock. I wouldn't put Ewan and Charlie in your league - with their support trucks and staff they could afford to give it a go. On your own if you did it absolutely fantastic if not good decision. Roll on 21.:beer:

Not Dead Yet - Episode 21 - The Road to Yakutsk

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y3XfcvG8OkU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Next Video - April 2nd! :)
Off on a road trip for a week or so! :)
:aidan

:clap:clap:clap
Excellent big man . I was sitting here scratching my arse drinking my last voddy of the night and thinking of going to bed . Think I'll pour another and watch this . enjoy your trip and be safe . :thumby: :beerjug: Kirky .

Back
Top Bottom