800 XC

Deleted account 231002001

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looked at a white 12 plate today at Total Triumph in Taunton.
Fitted with bash plate, heated grips and spots.
First time I have sat on one and it feels really nice, perfect sized bike.
Might take one for a ride if we get a sunny day in the next week or two.

Attachments

• TigerXC3.jpg
    TigerXC3.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 1,509
I've ridden a couple of the roadies while my Triumphs have been in for service. It's a great bike and many people say the XC is better. The thing that worries me though is that the rear footrest hanger is part of the frame. Doesn't this mean that in the event of damage, the whole frame might need replacing? Most bikes, the rear footrest hanger bolts on.

Very stiffly sprung but a nice bike with a great engine

The thing that worries me though is that the rear footrest hanger is part of the frame. Doesn't this mean that in the event of damage, the whole frame might need replacing? Most bikes, the rear footrest hanger bolts on.

I would have thought they would have looked into this. I am guessing it would be hard to bend one by laying it on its side but if you did I guess they could be bent back again.

The one I looked at had a hideous topbox on and the one next to it had a rather nice Arrow pipe. If I was interested I'd be having them swop the pipe, ditch the box and fit some TKC's.

12 plate with just 650 miles.

Attachments

• mediaCAAMP0XR.jpg
    mediaCAAMP0XR.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,316
I would have thought they would have looked into this. I am guessing it would be hard to bend one by laying it on its side but if you did I guess they could be bent back again.

One would hope so yes. It would be a concern for me. BTW, the Explorer is a much better road bike but if you're looking at TKCs, I assume you're pretty serious off road

One would hope so yes. It would be a concern for me. BTW, the Explorer is a much better road bike but if you're looking at TKCs, I assume you're pretty serious off road

I wouldn't take this serious off road and don't really want that anymore, but I do like TKC's. That said something like the Sahara would do nicely as an allrounder. Want the next bike to be able to just tackle a few gravel trails and tracks, nothing too hardcore.

I do agree about the OEM topbox, it looks like an old CRT TV to me and if you open it, the wall at the rear is very thick using up space. That's why I went for Givi Trekkers on my TEX.

attachment.php

Bloody hell. Climate change has really affected Taunton. :eek

The thing that worries me though is that the rear footrest hanger is part of the frame. Doesn't this mean that in the event of damage, the whole frame might need replacing? Most bikes, the rear footrest hanger bolts on.

Funny how folk picked up on this when the Triumph was launched but nobody seems to have noticed that the new 1200 WC has got a similar set up? :augie

Funny how folk picked up on this when the Triumph was launched but nobody seems to have noticed that the new 1200 WC has got a similar set up? :augie
They're bolt on on the WC...

It doesn't. The rear footrests on the LC can be removed:rob:thumb

I nearly bought one when I replaced by last 1050. Next to a KTM SMT, it was the most ridable bike out of the box I have tried. I would have had one now, but at the time ABS bikes were in short supply. I do have two friends with the road version who are very happy and these recent Triumphs are very reliable and well built.

Back
Top Bottom