Tyne Tunnel Speed Cameras

PhilK

Reaction score
Tyne Tunnel speed cameras are now fully operational.
Apparently over 300 people got caught on the first day, yesterday.

Suposedly there are no speed cameras in operation according to last nights local news , The Tunnel operators have said they can calculate speed from the info they have from "CCTV" and that plod may check from time to time but its not a speed camera system. :confused:

So it would seem unlikely you'll get a NiP in the post though it may get plod following you or installing mobile speed checks if its proving a bit fast through there...

It's a load of bollocks.
There are no speed cameras in the Tyne Tunnels.

:beerjug:

It's a load of bollocks.
There are no speed cameras in the Tyne Tunnels.

But there are cameras with speed recording capability:eek:

It wont take them long to need more income:mad:

I also notice the tolls have gone up twice since the congestion has gone:nenau

:type

Still free for bikes.

sshhhhh, it's also free in Mersey Tunnels but don't alert the knob heads who set tolls. When I was a lad (ages ago) we had to pay but every biker made so much fuss at the toll booth, maybe that helped to make it free?? They have had traffic counters on the bike lane for a while now, makes you wonder . . .

There may be no speed cameras that clic you as you pass.
But they will have surveillance cameras that watch you enter and as you exit. They will know the distance between the 2 and can calculate your speed from the time taken.

If they arent doing it now they may in the future.

Happy tunne:confused:ling Centurion

There may be no speed cameras that clic you as you pass.
But they will have surveillance cameras that watch you enter and as you exit. They will know the distance between the 2 and can calculate your speed from the time taken.

If they arent doing it now they may in the future.

Happy tunne:confused:ling Centurion

But this will not be admissable as evidence.

:)

I like a good suprise me.

As for prosecution and admissability, vascar is operated on a similar system and I an sure there are numerous people who doubted the admissability and found out otherwise.

Also are there not average speed cameras on motorways south of here which operate on exactly this principle I think the M11 has them. Coupled with Automatic number plate recognition and your fairly well done up like a kipper.

On a lighter note a lot of the fixed cameras in Northumberland are apparently no longer in use because the council can no longer conrtribute to the cost of maintenance and operation

Regards centurion:rob

Back
Top Bottom