The British are coming.

Roy

Reaction score
M'stone Kent - still not far enough away from Burn
Took a test ride on a 1200 Explorer yesterday.

BMW, get your heads out of your arses, you can't dine out on Ewan and Charlie forever.

Triumph, why has it taken you so long to build this bike ?

What an engine :drool, the ride is almost as good as a GSA and the handling as good if not better.

did I mention the engine :drool ?

The power delivery from the engine :drool is superb, tons of torque and tons of power.

The three cylinder engine :drool …….

I'm converted

engine :drool

Roy

Would've had a test ride meself, but local dealer ignored me for 20 minutes in a week day showroom devoid of potential customers bar me, who parked their alternative adventure bike right outside the showroom window...

Fuck em!

:)

I have no particular axe to grind on this Roy, but did you test ride the 'other' latest 1200 bike (I heard some other manufacturer have put a new bike out from somewhere or other..) :)

As it comes from the dealer, the Explorer's suspension is too hard to ride on goat tracks and fun B roads. It's probably set up that way because otherwise it would dive too much on the brakes.

The engine on the example I rode was certainly powerful enough but it felt "gritty", like a big electric motor with knackered bearings.

The riding position was, however, the deal breaker. After less than 100 miles, I was in agony, whereas on a GS, 200 - 300 mile days are no problem.

I'll be keeping my GS at least until I've tested the new KTM 1190.....:augie

Would've had a test ride meself, but local dealer ignored me for 20 minutes in a week day showroom devoid of potential customers bar me, who parked their alternative adventure bike right outside the showroom window...

Fuck em!

:)

Which dealer? In fairness it's a difficult decision when to approach a customer 'pushy' salesmen and all that. My local BMW dealer is proper Yorkshire some love him some find him disinterested and arrogant one thing is he does not bound up to you

Hmmmmm haven't ridden one because apart from anything else I hate the look of the thing, designed by a committee who couldn't quite agree. - it is also 20kg heavier then the new water cooled GS, the panniers look shite, same power to weight ratio so the new GS is no slower, new wheels and wider tyres on the GS will probably make it a better road bike than the Explorer too.

And... it's a Triumph so therefore a bit council ;) the BMW is class :D

Schutm has this covered the Ktm1190 is going to wank in BMWs and triumph's soup then Goose them for good measure :D:D:D:D

he is just to Eloquent to say so :ChrisKelly

10 000 miles for a final drive, what do they make the bearings out of, dairylea cheese ?
Carlsberg would put the Triumph engine and transmission into the Adventure chassis and dump the can bus. Now that would be biking Nirvana.
PS. and paint a few in orange for the retards.
Roy

dealer

Which dealer? In fairness it's a difficult decision when to approach a customer 'pushy' salesmen and all that. My local BMW dealer is proper Yorkshire some love him some find him disinterested and arrogant one thing is he does not bound up to you

nothing yorkshire about Barrie Robson....:(

the worst dealer on the planet...:rob

gather your still one of the ones pulling ya pants down and handing over the money....:blast

Whilst you are here Red, what is the news on the next generation Tex? Triumph must be looking at improvements to it? BTW Upthepalace says hello! :thumby:

"Hello" Upthepalace :thumb2, small world, isn't it?! :D

The only news around the Explorer seems to be that the option of electronic suspension can't be far off. Though Triumph have dropped hints (and the hardware is already there as standard on the Trophy), it's really just a rumour. There are some colour variations for 2014, but that's really all there is to tell.

Interestingly, the Trophy has (IN ONLY its 2nd year of production) been apparently shrunk from a range of 2, to just a "range" of 1. My own dealer says that the Tiger outsells the Trophy at around 5 to 1 :eek: Does anyone know what the ratio is between registrations of the GS and the RT?

Back
Top Bottom