Folding Trailer

BIKERBIKER

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all
Well just got back from the dominican awsome heat @ 32c very warm ha ha
sorry just had to do it lol:JB

Ok down to business ready to get the summer under the belt I am looking for a stinger fold up trailer or very similar to put the ultra classic on the good lady wants to do cornwall and devon for there to 4 weeks this year and thought by putting the bike on a trailer drive down can then put the kitchen sink in the back hairdryer shower ect ext u know what I mean lol :blagblah.
ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE NOT RUDE ONES :mad:
second hand or new not bothered but i can only find the stinger in the USA
cheers all.
Roger

ta

ok cheers for that i just think it looks a bit if a dog compared with the stinger
i want something that just folds up and may fit in L200 pick :rob
thanks fer the input:beer:
regards roger

Would you get a Stinger plated for UK use?

Also, they don't appear to use a 50mm coupling.

I think that a new or newish Stinger may be fraught with difficult legal issues.

hi greg

ok mate
thanks fer the info did not think of the legal issues well lets see if i can get 1 in the uk like i said in the post just so we can stay away for 3 to 4 weeks keep her happy to have her hair drier with her lol :D:D:D:D
cheers greg:thumb2

Stinger trailer

A few years ago they, or something similar were on display for sale at Stafford Classic show, the show is at the end of the month and a show program is usually in the online comic Motorcycle Monthly

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5s9lxQiRqiQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you've got the space and need to haul a big bike, the Stinger looks a great bit of kit.

However, all new trailers need:

• to be plated
  • to have mudguards (looks to be an option for the Stinger)
  • would need a 50mm ball coupling (or approved pin or Nato coupling)
  • UK lighting hookup

See: http://www.ntta.co.uk/downloads/SafeLegalTowingShort.pdf

HI

many thanks for the reply yes it sounds like the trailer i need but do i need to import it ? is there an agent in uk :rob.
is there a trailer in the uk that may be suitable for what i need (?????)
ok many thanks will keep searching take care
roger:thumb2

I also have a Motolug and, indeed, they are great trailers and will certainly take a Hog - even the basic model will haul a 350kg bike.

Their assembly isn't quite a slick as the Stinger, but they do fold up smaller.

Recommended.

:thumb2

Ok down to business ready to get the summer under the belt I am looking for a stinger fold up trailer or very similar to put the ultra classic on the good lady wants to do cornwall and devon for there to 4 weeks this year

Put your lady on the train and ride your bike down ....

:nenau

CHEERS GREG

Ha ha
i dont think that will go down to well with her :blagblah but what is the motolug like are you pleased with it would it go in the back of the L200 ok have you any picys cheers greg
roger:D

I have the basic model to haul my trail bike around. If my Motolug were stolen, I'd have no hesitation in buying another.

ok

cheers greg
i have emailed them they are in plymouth long way to try one maybe someone on here has one for there HD i can go have a try ? ok mate thanks for all the information have a good 1 greg
regards roger:D

cheers greg
i have emailed them they are in plymouth long way to try one maybe someone on here has one for there HD i can go have a try ?

Evesham, Worcestershire according to their web-site

When I bought mine about 3 years ago they were oooop north as in Lancashire

Back
Top Bottom