Just sold my S10........

I say, that's a smart looking machine :thumb

First run today now the majority of the salt has been washed away.

Rides about the same except at the moment the engine is very tight. Even though I am running it in according to the handbook and generally keeping the revs below about 4000, my mpg is about 4 down on my last S10 with 'normal' riding. Suspension is at the same settings but still a bit wooden and the seat needs to bed in.

Mike

Sounds like you've got a bad one there Mike. Really sorry about that.
Tell you what. I'll swap yours for mine. It's nicely run in (only just)
and regularly does 60 to the gallon! No money needs to change hands.

How does that sound? :comfort

Keith:D

Sounds like you've got a bad one there Mike. Really sorry about that.
Tell you what. I'll swap yours for mine. It's nicely run in (only just)
and regularly does 60 to the gallon! No money needs to change hands.

How does that sound? :comfort

Keith:D

Would you throw in the stainless spokes?

Mike

You drive a hard bargain:eek:

Tell you what, if you throw in that old clunker of an 1150, you have a deal :aidan

yes definately very very nice . im waiting on a new Blue 1 should have it by end of week. can i ask what size of Givi Trakkers they are ? can we see a pick with them off to see rail set up , also (sales staff didnt know this bit) ,,,,,, DO YOU NEED TO BUY ANYTHING TO ATTACH SKID / BASH PLATE ? its showing as 2 items in catalogue

cheers
DEZ

yammy

I do like the look of that :D great colour too, just like the 'classic' XT's
might be tempted to test ride one see if it's better than my current
MGuzzi Stelvio :D

Mike, that looks really nice. Would love to end up with one of those, although a standard s10 would leave me with no complaints, err well none after i had added all the bits i want,like heated grips and fogs and a much much much louder horn. i understand its possible to shoehorn a stebel in there somewhere. Should make the dozy fking cage drivers sit up and get the feck outta the way..

get out there and stick some miles on it.....

mark...

Fitted a steibel on mine no problems, also got Givi and SW motech spots, great for filtering.

They are Givi crash bars I think:
givi-s310-lights-mounted.jpg

From Givi and posted here: http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=476.0
------------------------------
I have been informed that a key element in the development of the TN355 engine guards was the consideration of the removal of the side panels, although the side panels cannot be removed without removing the engine guard the engine guards have been developed to offer easy side removal without having to remove the whole assembly. The TN355 are larger than those issued by Yamaha therefore offering far more protection. An issue that has arisen with the smaller designed Yamaha engine guards is although they allow the removal of the side panels without taking off the engine guard they have been criticized for their lack of protection.

With confirmation they will be available very soon we hope to have the fitting instructions in advance of their delivery and this may shed more light on their removal.

I hope this answers your question, if you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks,

Paul Collins

GIVI USA Inc
------------------------
bur reading down the thread Croc says you can remove the panels without removing any part of this setup...

I like these: http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/motorcycle-lighting/givi-spot-lights/givi-trekker-halogen-spot-lights.html

They look nice and look like they can be fitted at such an angle as to piss of the stupid twat coming towards you (on FULL BEAM of course) who hasnt already noticed your hi viz , 2 dipped beam headlights, and 2 sidelights from the comfort of his /her/car/lorry/tractor/Blue toyota hilux with 4 roof mounted spots VRN HF52couldnt see the rest from the fucking glare...

Whaddya mean you dont DO hivizzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

yes definately very very nice . im waiting on a new Blue 1 should have it by end of week. can i ask what size of Givi Trakkers they are ? can we see a pick with them off to see rail set up , also (sales staff didnt know this bit) ,,,,,, DO YOU NEED TO BUY ANYTHING TO ATTACH SKID / BASH PLATE ? its showing as 2 items in catalogue

cheers
DEZ

Sorry I've been so long in replying, but I've just got back from a bike tour of Greece!

The Givvi Trekkers are 33ltr panniers, 46ltr top box.

I've got the Givi QD rails so that when I'm not touring there is very little hardware left on the bike.

The skid plate on the standard S10 is plastic. I had a metal one fitted (direct replacement) to my original S10 as you can see in the picture below. The Worldcrosser has the metal skid pan + a bit extra as standard.

I hope this helps

Mike

Attachments

• 2 New Bike Email NO PLATE.JPG
    2 New Bike Email NO PLATE.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,097
  • 27a.jpg
    27a.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 489
I like the small bash plate, would have bought one myself, I now have the rather huge (for my needs) SW-Motech one, a bit severe for just keeping crap off the engine which is all I wanted it for.

Very nice. Would ave that over a GSA (1200 onwards) on style, looks a proper adventure bike. If it rides as well as it looks it's a winner :beerjug:

Hi,
Sorry - just to clarify, is that smaller bash plate the Yamaha one or other? Also - how has your Germany GPS bracket held up?

Thanks.

Hi,
Sorry - just to clarify, is that smaller bash plate the Yamaha one or other? Also - how has your Germany GPS bracket held up?

Thanks.

If you are referring to my bike, the smaller bash plate is the Yamaha accessory and the larger one on the Worldcrosser comes as standard. I am very pleased with the sat nav bracket. It's easy to fit and is very sturdy. If you have winglets on your bike it has to be modified slightly (a very easy job) as it uses the same mounting holes, plus 2 more substantial mounts under the screen. It's an SW Motech mount and I bought it from Germany via German eBay.

Hope this helps

Mike

Attachments

• sw motech sat nav mount.jpg
    sw motech sat nav mount.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Sat Nav Mounting Instructions.jpg
    Sat Nav Mounting Instructions.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 243

Back
Top Bottom