Bookings now open.:)

Hi Sid

Just sent you a PM to fine tune plans but I'll see you that week one way or another.

Thanks

Apologies to anyone who has been trying to contact me during last 10 days. Only managed to get a few minutes of free McDonalds Wifi in Valencia and then nothing for a while. Even my super new smart phone has given up. Not viewed any emails in last ten days now so not seen any paypal receipts.

There appears to still be plenty of places still available as several people have posted on the other thread that they want to come but have not yet confirmed for definite. Last minute bookings are not a problem as it is easy to buy extra food etc at last minute. Obviously what we want to avoid is the situation when people say they are coming but drop out at last minute.

I guarantee that this event will once again be one of the best social events of the year with good food, good booze and excellent company. See previous years reports for proof of this.

And now the bad news:(

Everytime we get near to the event, I have a family crisis. Previous years have included my oldest son cracking his head open.:(
I just heard this morning that my 83 year old father has been taken into HDU (High Depenancy Unit) in Jersey as he is seriously ill and it doesn't look good. My sister is a senior hospice nurse and she has told me to get to Jersey ASAP so I'm currently in St Malo on Tuesday night waiting to get 7.00 am Wednesday ferry over to Jersey. Latest news is that my father is "stable" but on a respirator so I suspect he may not have long left.:( Several times I been told to fly over to Jersey and everytime I get there the old git is 100% OK. My presence usually worries him. "If you have flown over here then I must be seriously ill:D" Joking aside, we both know that he is on borrowed time and I am the executor of his will so I have to be there. If the old git is inconsiderate enough to check out just before Gentlemen's Week-end then I'll have to ask them to put him on ice until after the event when I can return to Jersey to sort things out.

However, I know that all my good friends on here will help in everyway to ensure that the event is unaffected by anything my family throw at me.

Sumprat is coming down to Devon from Saturday 1st June so he can assist with all arrangements to do with food and accomodation. Arrive whenever you like, and Sumprat will ensure that you are fully taken care of.:)

Also, Proff remains a valued friend who can be contacted with any questions regarding the event and the logistics of all things Airhead related.

Its at times like this that you reallyappreciate all your good friends especially those from this site. :) A huge thanks to all those good friends that I know I can rely on to help me at this difficult time, too many to mention.:)

Sid

Sorry to hear the news about your father Sid, fingers crossed.

I'll be there Friday night to entertain the troops:thumb I'll help wherever possible:thumb

Sid, really sorry to hear about your 'Auld git', if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Sometimes in these situations you just want folk to 'Feck off' and sometimes there is something that folk can do to help.

All the best mate, looking forward to seeing you all.

Hi Sid, I was hoping to attend this year but sorry I cannot.

Have a great weekend folks:thumby:

Many thanks for the kind words and the various fresh bookings that have come in.

My Dad really does appear to be immortal. My sister never thought he would survive as his pulse and blood pressure were so low but he appears to be recovering. He was in Intensive Care but they have moved him to a normal ward. He was last heard bitterly complaining that the BBC were not showing the Monaco F1 qualifying live and the hospital TV did not have Sky Sports F1. He's not missed an F1 race in decades so he's not happy. We might have to try to spring him from the hospital in the morning so he can watch the race at home.:D

Meanwhile, my mother has been taken into the local hospice.:(

I've just collected a massive Fruits de Mare (Seafood Platter)for this evening and will be having an enormous feast and booze up here in Jersey tonight.

Less than two weeks to go now.:)

Travelling from the North

If anyone is travelling from the North on the Friday and wouldn`t mind me tagging along (I`ll buy my own coffee, refrain from farting and behave myself) then I`d be pleased to meet them on the route down?

I should be traveling from North Lincolnshire, leaving around noon..............

Any kindly fellow travellers please PM me.

Ride Safe.

:thumb

give Owen my regards :thumb

Called in and saw Owen Lewis at Bikers Jersey yesterday. He asked after you Steve and he is off on another biking epic soon.

Bad day yesterday for both Mum and Dad. Both very confused so very distressing seeing them both like that.:( Told my sister that I will have to get back to Devon before Airhead Weekend to sort out the event but it looks like I will have to come back over here to Jersey immediately after the event.

Numbers for event are looking good now but could still squeeze in a few more.

Im in for early arrival on saturday and may have to head home that evening... Will paypall you now. If you need anything brought up while you are away or too busy to collect just let me know!

Ill bring up my harmonizer and hopefully be able to put it to good use.

Please count me in

Please count me in. I will pay via paypal shortly.

And to keep it easy the name sending the paypal payment is Mark Hooton (I`m too easily confused nowadays...........)

Hi Sid, I'll definitely be there, but will probably "commute".
Sorry to hear about your folks, old-age really sucks doesn't it....
I was going to call in to see you yesterday but the road was shut due to a serious car smash. I guess you wouldn't have been there anyway. Doh!
Pete Tibs

Sid, really sorry to hear about your dad, I had similar circumstances with my own father whilst living abroad myself so I sympathise, especially as they are a tougher generation than us and just keep on going despite all that life can throw at them.

I'll be down on the Friday afternoon as I'm currently "between employment", hope its gonna be hot, dry and sunny as promised.

the bad news is, i doubt i'll be coming on an airhead. i own 3, and all of them are presently hors de combat :rolleyes:

if i have time, i might MOT the le mans though :cool: otherwise it will be the 1200.

Back
Top Bottom