Bookings now open.:)

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apologies for not posting much in here recently but I was forced to spend all of March in Florida taking in Daytona Bike Week etc. We are now back home in Devon for a few weeks but unfortunately I will be away again for all of May ( Spanish F1 in Barcelona followed by Med cruise) so I thought I needed to update things on here.

Costs:
Basic costs are £5 per night to cover camping, hot water, tea/coffee, use of Workshop etc, etc. Mega Devon breakfasts are only £5 and possibly the best value breakfast you will ever get. Evening meals (curry on Friday and luxury BBQ on Saturday) is only £6. Veggie option is available both nights.
So assuming a "standard" Friday night to Sunday morning package the cost is £32. I will of course adjust for variations but I'd prefer to keep it simple with the advance bookings.
Please send funds to my Paypal account which is:
horman [then insert the little ampersand symbol thingie] waffapool.fsnet.co.uk

Please also send me a PM (or post on here) so I can match Paypal accounts to usernames on here and real names.:) I was amazed last year how many used their wife's paypal accounts to pay for this.:D
Any surplus on event is donated to local charity that take disabled people on holidays.

Just a reminder about a few things:

• The eventis open to all, BUT it is still primarily an Airhead Workshop weekend.
  • Other bikes are welcome to use the workshop facilities but Airheads will have priority.
  • ANY bike is welcome to attend from R80g/s to the latest liquid cooled 1200 and any other make as well.
  • You don't even have to come on a bike. Cars/vans/trailers/wobblyboxes etc all welcome.
  • Trial/Enduro bikes especially welcome as we have 10 acres of offroad enduro course and trials sections set up (Ask Mav who tried to get his HP2 around the course last Sunday.:D
  • It is a family friendly environment so wives and sprogs are welcome as well. We have horses and ponies available (to ride, not to eat:D ).
  • You can arrive as early as you like and stay as long as you like.
  • There is an excellent pub up the road which does good food for early arrivals.
I hope that covers everything but please ask if you have any questions.

I think this will be the best event of the year.

I am not limiting numbers as I think we can cope. Our neighbours have allowed us to use their fields if needed for addition camping.

:thumb2

Will be there Friday and riding back Saturday (little uns 2nd birthday party Sunday).

Having spent last Sunday night at Crapaud's place - I can tell you they are consummate hosts, with an endless supply of food! And the offroad area is indeed a lot of fun!

Highly recommended and hope to be there myself :thumb2

hi sent £32.00 paypal yesterday ,also sent pm . please reply pm to acknowledge receipt thanks steve

hi sent £32.00 paypal yesterday ,also sent pm . please reply pm to acknowledge receipt thanks steve

Replied. Many thanks.

I've spent last week giving the entire workshop a good refurbishment as it is now four years old. Surprising how much rubbish builds up in that time:(

Bought some bright yellow garage floor paint and finally got around to cleaning floor and applying it all. Workshop looks like new now.:) Might even buy another professional hydraulic bike lift. All tools cleaned and equipment such as compressors cleaned and overhauled.

Next job is to clear the enduro course and trial sections in the woods but some of the people who arrive early can perhaps help with that a bit. I might get some barrier tape to mark out a set route around the woods and we can have a timed competition with different classes for GSers and pogos.:)

We deserve some warm weather this year so hopefully we can all enjoy some sunshine as well.

Re the charity. They are starting to plan another holiday for locally severely disabled people in summer of 2014. I'm approaching Barclays for their £ for £ matched giving so that they will double whatever we raise and go a long way towards helping the charity fund next years outing.:)

Crapaud
Don't forget I'll be there from Saturday the 1st of June to help with final setup and preparations.

That of course includes;

Supplying you with copious quantities of alcohol just prior to you going on to EBAY :D

Watching you run, screaming girly style, out of the workshop followed by a 'small' hornet. :augie

Convincing you that driving the quad full pelt round the woods is a great idea (don't worry crashing it doesn't really hurt) :blast

Oooops, just caught up with this thread.

£32 for one please, just Paypal'd to you in my full name so should be easy to spot :thumb

Andres

Oooops, just caught up with this thread.

£32 for one please, just Paypal'd to you in my full name so should be easy to spot :thumb

Andres

Why only one?

I thought you were bringing the lovely Amanda? Ann is upset.:(

But, I'm very pleased that you will be here. Many thanks for the Paypal transfer.

With John/Paintman in attendance as well we can have a mini Calum's Road reunion.:)

I'll drink to that :)

Sadly Amanda's stopping at home to give moral support to the evil step daughter as it's bang in the middle of her GCSE's - she sends her love x

Andres

Many thanks to all who have replied above and Paypal'ed funds.

I go away in a weeks time (2nd May) and not back until 28th May.

Still lots of places available but it would be helpful if people could let me know who is coming. There were lots of responses on the other thread so from that it looks like we will have a good attendance this year.

When I get back at end May, I have the Horizons Unlimited weekend at which I am presenting so I'm going to be busy.

I know it is a time honoured tosser tradition to leave everything to the last minute :) but it would be helpful if I didn't have too much of a panic in the final week before the event.:eek:

To those who have emailed me, there is definitely still spaces available on a first-come-first-served basis. Sorry if I haven't replied to emails but I've moved from Orange to BT and I'm having trouble replying to emails that came into my Orange/Freeserve address. That email is still valid as my Paypal address for payments but my computer is fighting it as an email hub as it wants me to use the BT one. As an Airhead rider, I am a technical numptie, so I need to wait until my sons come home to sort me out.:)

Any queries, please send me pm or ask direct on here.

Gingadude, you are very welcome with your R100GS and friends.:thumb

64000 rupees sent to your offshore a/c to cover me and my little airhead,:hide looking forward to seeing You and Ann, hopefully whilst enjoying a 1976 style heatwave.

Cheers John.

PS. I will call you nearer the event.

If things go well...

And I am still in the country ill be over.... But in a car with possibly two bikes in boxes that time permitting I'd love some help to put together. I'll give you a ring over the next few weeks to confirm.

Many thanks for the further bookings, it's coming along nicely now.:)

I'm off on holiday from Thursday 2nd May until 28th May but I hope to be able to get online and keep in touch most of the time. Problem is with my email as I switched my home Broadband from Orange to BT and still have a few technical issues.

If anyone has contacted me by email only, then please either send me Private Message or post on here and I'll get back to you.

Other things are all coming along nicely so I'll post separate threads and keep this one "clean" just for those who are booking in.

Still plenty of room for everyone and remember, all are welcome and this will be the best value UKGSer event of the year!

Paid up and attending, Paul (Cobbster) as well I think!

Well done with the coach company!

We type 1's must stick together and help one another!

Back
Top Bottom