hugger recommendation

ronnie69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
anyone recommend a hugger for the R1200R? Powerbronze do one for £85 which is bally good value (at least compared to the carbon fibre efforts for £250+ :eek ) but the piccies on their website are a bit poo and it looks like it may not be a great fit / keep the crap off the battery/shock etc.

Similar story with the mudsling thingy - not clear which one should fit and what it will look like/function like.

Piccies most welcome if anyone has any to share :thumby:

Haven't got any pictures, but I've fitted a mudsling from Nippy Norman.
Although an eye watering £99 + P&P it looks like it'll do the job.
They are a bit mean though, in that when you fit the mudsling you remove 2 stainless steel screws and fit supplied zinc plated screws!
I think the mudsling for your 2012 model is £109. But you do get free postage!

I've got a couple of huggers in the garage if you want to try them.

I'm in sandbach.

I did this research a couple of weeks ago.
In my humble opinion, and with the exception of the Ilmberger, they all look absolutely rubbish. There is no way I'd want to put such a nasty piece of plastic on such a good looking bike.

So I bought the Ilmberger. It is beautifully made and fits perfectly.
But I've decided to sell the bike.

Make me an offer before I Ebay it if you like. It's two weeks old, unmarked, in original box, with original bag (like a helmet bag), with un-used original bolts (in their own posh little bag!). It's the ESA version. I'll take some pictures later today.

Cost me £225

I've got a couple of huggers in the garage if you want to try them.

I'm in sandbach.

PM sent

I did this research a couple of weeks ago.
In my humble opinion, and with the exception of the Ilmberger, they all look absolutely rubbish. There is no way I'd want to put such a nasty piece of plastic on such a good looking bike.

So I bought the Ilmberger. It is beautifully made and fits perfectly.
But I've decided to sell the bike.

Make me an offer before I Ebay it if you like. It's two weeks old, unmarked, in original box, with original bag (like a helmet bag), with un-used original bolts (in their own posh little bag!). It's the ESA version. I'll take some pictures later today.

Cost me £225

I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for so little even if it looks mega :cool: - old habits die hard in CheapskateVille :blast :flag Would still like to see piccies though :thumby:

Here you go,

8628623752_53310e25e8_c.jpg

8627516121_2b8bd28395_c.jpg

Build quality is stunning.
Mounts behind the wheel, so no ugly brackets.

2 weeks old (bought new by me), lovely, £175 + postage

I just sold an ancient Ilmberger for an 1100S for £140.
Take it off before you sell the bike in years to come; get most of your money back :D

Couldn't do that with an ugly Mudsling, Puig, or Power-whatever :blagblah

Back
Top Bottom