Peak & Derbyshire Vehicle User Group protest 21 April, Edale

Cogs

Reaction score
Sharing this from East Mids TRF Forum...

Subject: [emtrf] Peak & Derbyshire Vehicle User Group protest

I know that some members of the TRF in general are opposed to direct action and protests, but for those of you that feel the need to take the fight to the Park Authority then please join me and many others on Sunday 21st April at 2.00pm in Edale.

We are planning to converge on Edale on Sunday 21 April at 2.00pm to provide a show of strength in a popular area, near to some excellent green lanes and to coincide (as near as possible) with the anniversary of the Kinder Trespass.

The Kinder mass trespass (http://www.kindertrespass.com/) was held on 24 April in 1932 and described by Roy Hattersley in 2007 as "the most successful direct action in British history." Perhaps we will need to resort to something similar to make our point. However, in the meantime, please join us in Edale - meeting in the public car park (grid ref: SK124 853) at 2.00pm. The usual Derbyshire car park charges apply: up to 1 hr £1; 1-2 hrs £1.60; 2-4 hrs £3.00.

We will have our trailer hoarding to act as a focal point. If we can fill Edale and the surrounding area with 4x4s and bikes on a popular Sunday, then our presence and message will be seen by many who may not understand the issue. We are hoping to have leaflets available, explaining the green lane situation in the Peak District, to hand to anyone who shows an interest.

There will be no slow drive-around this time, but feel free to join us either by tarmac road or by making it part of your laning day out. There are 2 excellent pubs and a café at Edale. The Penny Pot Café is 20 yards away between the car park and the railway station. The Rambler Inn is adjacent to the car park and the Old Nags Head is a little further along the road to the start of the Pennine Way . Should we be overwhelm the main car park, there is an overspill car park at the railway station and more space beyond that, which is owned by Derbyshire County Council and used by Railtrack.

PDVUG.

I'm up for it...:thumb

CoGS

Back
Top Bottom