Santander - Malaga on a 1976 Bultaco Matador MK 9

Made it back 7pm last night, a free wine box from Duty Free, and my Fountain pen made for a promtute 30 minute wait to board fly EZ 567805 to Gatwick.

i-PcSwxvm.jpg

i-jPZgPxR.jpg

i-XrhSTRG.jpg

i-H4wffCf.jpg

i-kJS6wK5.jpg

Lift 1: GATWICK - J11 M25 A Indian construction worker that lives near Hethrow but has worked at Gatwick for the past 5 years, a gem of a man, hated ilegal imegrents from all over worked very hard to keep his family well healed.

LIFT 2 : J 11 - A303 Man who played a lot of Golf as a hobby and worked for Berkshire Council, and had worked with Special Needs folks for years, so we got on well.

LIFT 3 : A303 - WHITCHURCH Lady who car was worse than my wife's, horses and children car, old Merc, fantastic lady well posh and swore like a Irish traveler, and we came to a road block by the Police near her home and I cringed at the way she spoke to the Police Man.

LIFT 4 : WHITCHURCH - ANDOVER Tesco 3 Police water Cress workers just finished there shift off to town to buy dinner for the evening.

LIFT 5 : Tescos - THE BELL Weyhill A fantastic young lady called Archie Burbidge (eldest daughter)

Home, 5 lifts, 3 hours dead, average wait 20-30 minutes

i-j9fhhR8.jpg

Just came across this and read it from start to finish.

What a great trip and write up - best thing I've read in ages - funny and uplifting.

You're a star :thumb2

An oasis of a thread in a vast desert of mediocrity. :)

What with all the spelling mistakes? Now what was it YOU said? oh yes that was it, dyslexia call it what you want but in my day you where just thick! :augie

Nice report Steve :thumb2 keep up the good work :eek

What with all the spelling mistakes? Now what was it YOU said? oh yes that was it, dyslexia call it what you want but in my day you where just thick! :augie
Funny that, I usually think people who can't use tools or work with their hands as having a disability, I don't think there's a special word for it, I suppose 'Thick' will have to do for them too :blast

This would'nt be at monasterio by any chance would it?it looks like the little truckstop before you get to Seville.
Just seen his Burgos post; unless his pictures are out of order; forget the truckstop;:blast

well that was fantastic to read, old man old bike both with the spirit of youth . bultaco travels at its best , has it still got the oval front drum brake ?

Brilliant read, do you still have the bultaco ,Ive a hankering for one to go with the campervan.

old bultaco ossa montessa a charm all of there own seems the way to travel

Great story - well told and illustrated (pics)

My wife's just gone off to work - night shift in hospital. More very ill Covid patients in hospitals here than ever before. Believe me, it's not their shadows they're scared of.

Back
Top Bottom