Softail Slim ?

dibdob69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What's your thoughts on the Softail slim ? Just saw one at the local HD dealers lovely looking bike and the seating position felt right but I couldn't get a test ride as it was sold :(

E6CB8075-F3E9-4753-B38E-A8522E27E9B4-1413-00000529588BB3F3_zps335c968d.jpg

I love mine. :thumb

Had it since last August. I am about 6 2" and was thinking it was maybe to low for me. I actually find it quite comfortable even on long journeys.

Lovely cruising bike. :)

have to say ,ive seen trickys (ooh no ,) bike and its really nice looking bike,seating position is just about right .
as he said hes 6ft 2ins ,of pure british beefcake :D

I'd have one if I found 15k down the sofa!!

I love mine. :thumb

Had it since last August. I am about 6 2" and was thinking it was maybe to low for me. I actually find it quite comfortable even on long journeys.

Lovely cruising bike. :)

I like the look of Softails but I've never wanted to own one.....BUT this one I really like.

Difficult to tell from the pics (might be my PC) but if that is gloss black then that is a beaut'.......:thumb2

i love ,and have an old evo model ,but if i was to go for a new one ,this would be the model i would have .
im hoping tricky ,is going to let me have a go on his ,at le hog :thumb2

The gloss black ones look quite nice, but the matt black ones are a jumble of finishes. Not a good look. :rob

They feel really low and light, so good for shorties and the low on confidence :clap

Not for me though, Softails are for looking at not riding :cool

I was looking at one of these or maybe a Fatboy.

Are they okay for the odd 200 mile trip?

It's either a Harley or another GS and I quite fancy a Harley this time.

I do regular trips up to my Dad who lives in North Wales on mine so it's an approx 500 mile round trip.

:thumb

It's either a Harley or another GS and I quite fancy a Harley this time.

You can do 200 miles on a moped, it just depends on your definition of O.K. :nenau

If you want a touring bike look a a Glide. You only need a GS if you intend doing the 500 miles in one day with only one petrol stop ;)

But I don't want a frigging moped do i!

:D

Back
Top Bottom