Get adventure-ready with Charley Boorman's Adventure Bike Skills course.

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
bmwsmall.jpg
BMW Motorrad
United Kingdom

Media Information 15 April 2013

Get adventure-ready with Charley Boorman’s Adventure Bike Skills course.

Learn navigation and survival skills with the adventurer in May.

BMW Motorrad ambassador Charley Boorman has announced the first dates in a series of exclusive adventure bike travel skills courses: Charley Boorman’s Adventure Bike Skills.

With the first date on 29 May – 01 June 2013, riders can take part in a unique four-day four-night course in the Brecon Beacons, where they will get to learn from Charley Boorman’s experience. The course will be led by Dakar racer and BMW Off Road Skills Chief Instructor Simon Pavey and his team of expert instructors.

Based in and around the stunning and wild Brecon Beacons, each Adventure Bike Skills Course offers a small group of riders the opportunity to spend time with and learn from two hugely experienced and knowledgeable adventurers, with time spent both riding around the Brecons and learning valuable skills off the bikes.

The course will teach the riders to navigate in the wilderness using maps, sat-nav and practical exercises, motorcycle preparation and maintenance, essential first aid tips, hostile environment training and much more. The group will enjoy a final night of wilderness camping with Charley which will test the skills and ingenuity of the riders. To reward their hard work and improved confidence and abilities, the group will celebrate around the campfire and swap stories with Charley and Simon.

Charley Boorman said: “People often ask me what I do to prepare for a big motorcycle adventure, so I thought it would be a great idea to show them. My ‘Adventure Bike Skills Course’ will help teach riders the skills and confidence that they need to plan their own amazing trip on two wheels. Simon Pavey was the man Ewan and I turned to when we were preparing for our Long Way Round trip, and now we’re offering riders a very similar experience. They’ll learn fantastic new skills, and we’ll have a great time celebrating with a ride-out and an overnight camp in the beautiful Beacons.”

Simon Pavey said, “Charley and I met on Long Way Round, and we have worked together countless times since then. We spent most of 2005 together on Race to Dakar and I’m really looking forward to working together again. The combination of our travel and riding experience preparing for rallies and overland expeditions means we have a wealth of knowledge to share. If you are planning a bike adventure then these four days will help you prepare for some of the challenges you may meet, as well as having a great, fun and challenging time. I hope you can join us.”

This exclusive course is limited to 12 riders and is open to anybody aged 18 years or more who possess a full motorcycle licence. Places cost £3,295.

For further information, enquiries or to book, contact Rosie on 020 7731 1499, visit www.charleyboormanbikeskills.com or email: rosie@campbell-bell.com.

The Charley Boorman Adventure Bike Skills course runs for four days and four nights, beginning on 29 May – 01 June 2013, and the cost includes all accommodation, (three nights in a hotel and one night camping in the Brecon Beacons), meals and refreshments, the use of a BMW adventure motorcycle (R 1200 GS, F 800 GS, G 650 GS Sertao or G 650 GS) and all activities, insurance, fuel and selected motorcycle kit hire if required.

i-nKHgXz3-L.jpg

Join Charley Boorman in Wales

i-hqTQ3Fr-L.jpg

Ride and camp with Charley in the Brecon Beacons

For more information on BMW Motorrad products, or to find your local BMW Motorrad dealership, visit www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk or call 0800 777 155.

That is a lot of dough, although I am sure they will get some well heeled wan'to'bees.......... don't need many at that price. Nice work if you can get it, can't blame the man.........:blagblah

Media Information 1 April 2013

should have gone to spec savers....:blast

I should have gone to spec savers.....:blast

and I'm dyslexic....:blast

I wonder if Snoopy has got anywhere near to spending £3.3k yet :nenau

What a load of bollox :(

Andres

PS That top piccie titled 'Charlie Boorman in Wales' - yeah right, complete with traditional Welsh orange trees......................

Wow that looks great, Id love to do something like that. When you consider the people involved it looks like great value to. I like the idea of swapping stories round the campfire with my new found confidence.

3,300 -

2x ORS courses back to back for bike rental and instructors call it a grand

3 nights in a nice hotel for the punters 3x150= 450

bit of tucker for the clients 70 a day x4 = 280

drink 9 pints of bishops foreskin a day for each client 9x3,70x4= 133.20

insurance £200

tent and equipment rental £200

backup team to setup camp and get wood 2 blokes 2 days 220 per man £440....

transport for charlie £300

£296.80

3 hotel accoms for charlie £450

-£180.20

food....?

can't be done for that money.....:blast he's loosing near enough 200 nikka a person x12 that's like 2+K, it'll never fly and for that reason I'm out.....:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom