Wander - Second May Bank holiday 27 May - Provisional date

I am sure we intend to, its just more pleasurable when its dry, but hey ho I am getting used to riding in a wet climate, my pal in Spain who am visiting after the weekend tells me its not good down there either.:rolleyes:

Richard I will probably arrive at the Ibis around eight, would you (or anyone else) like me to try and get some food plated up for you ?

John.

Hi John,

We will grab something to eat at Folkestone and maybe take a baguette across to the Ibis. If we then need other than liquid sustenance, Wapping has promised a "chippy" available until 11pm just around the corner (I wonder if they'd do us a deep fried Mars Bar....?).

Thanks for considering us tho :thumb2

Andy & Jen

Hi John,

We will grab something to eat at Folkestone and maybe take a baguette across to the Ibis. If we then need other than liquid sustenance, Wapping has promised a "chippy" available until 11pm just around the corner (I wonder if they'd do us a deep fried Mars Bar....?).

Thanks for considering us tho :thumb2

Andy & Jen

Bloody Chavs! :D

The nice lady at Ibis may have some frozen meals in the kitchen that can be micro'd for late arrivals.

Arrived back to Norfolk at 2130 so much quicker than I thought.

Great weekend as usual. Blip in the weather Saturday but all part of the fun.
Nice to catch up with Andy and Jen and bump into Brian at the bar in the Ibis.
Good to meet John and his amusing dice game. Trust you had a safe jaunt down to sunny Spain from Dijon.

Richard a stroke of culinary genius spending the evening in a Takeaway Pizza shop. Vino and beer, accommodating staff,( and of course the dice !), a great evening.

Many thanks again Richard for arranging another successful jaunt. Catch up soon.

Kev :thumby:

Well it boiled on the way back....

Having had my 1600 go hotter than a toaster on the 40 minutes to battle through the Bank Holiday traffic from Tower Bridge to the A2 on Friday evening and thyen the odd heat-up in France.... it hit the stops at the Blackwall Tunnel on the return journey... Hotter and redder in the waterworks department that a hot red thing....

Got it the two miles to home and now await BMW recovery's pleasure.

============

Hot 1600's apart, a good Wander. My thanks to those wot joined :thumby:

Having had my 1600 go hotter than a toaster on the 40 minutes to battle through the Bank Holiday traffic from Tower Bridge to the A2 on Friday evening and thyen the odd heat-up in France.... it hit the stops at the Blackwall Tunnel on the return journey... Hotter and redder in the waterworks department that a hot red thing....

Got it the two miles to home and now await BMW recovery's pleasure.

============

Hot 1600's apart, a good Wander. My thanks to those wot joined :thumby:

Must be a London related problem as it was fine in France!!!

Hope they get to the bottom of the problem at Park Lane :thumby:

Kev

Glad the trip went well,we had a good day out on Saturday. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 101
Guys,

A great trip and good company. Being incident free (apart from some heavy rain showers) was also a bonus.

Who would have thought that we could have turned a take-away pizza bar into a dining and gambling event!

Plus another potential stopover hotel discovered in Coucy-le-Chateau-Auffrique!

Jen and I look forward to wandering with some/all of you again sometime :thumb2

Cheers,
Andy

I heard in the 6 years he has been at saints he has been un available for 47 weeks due to suspensions :eek:

Nice to catch up with some old faces in the Ibis on Friday evening after a rain soaked trip to the Chunnel. Glad you had a good trip. We made it across to Vianden on the Sunday in good weather for a change.

Back
Top Bottom