anyone got the new (ish) DL650 ?

peepingtom

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
thinking of getting one as theyre such good value. anyone got one or been on one ? :beerjug:

ive had the older model and liked it alot , also the 1000 but preferred the 650. I'm a bit fed up with working on old bikes and might treat myself. thoughts and opinions appreciated . thanks

Got one, wife and I went two up down to Croatia last year, occasionally more power would be nice but 99% of the time it has easily enough.

There's a few who have swapped the old wee for the newer version and they seem to agree that the new one fixes the niggles of the old one, eg screen and turbulence.

There is a 1000cc bike coming out next year, but until the price is announced I'm not that bothered about getting a ride on one, as if it's significantly more than the 650, why bother?

thanks John, thats good to know as i do a fair bit of 2 up riding also. they're a nice looking bike now and i m sure they'll be reliable too , I'm not bothered about the new 1000 as it will be too much money for me and mostly the 650 would be the better bike for my riding :thumb
:beerjug:

Cruising at a GPS 75mph we got around 60mpg which was nice, and so gives a theoretical range of 250 miles.

Even MCN seem to think it's not a bad bike:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/b.../Suzuki-DL650-V-Strom-650-ABS-2011---current/ :eek:

And there are new bikes out there that are way off list price:

http://cupar.newsweaver.co.uk/18krcvxq8xc-e7hrm27ref?email=true&a=2&p=31957115&t=17216024

though it might be a bit of a trek to get there and get one.

:thumb2
thats pretty good mpg at an indicated 80/85, id be happy with that.
i had already read the mcn test and also the one for the telegraph by kevin ash in which he too give it alot of love :clap
and its unusually good for mcn to do that :D
I've seen them for £5500 NEW on ebay thats whats got me seriously thinking of getting one , and there not quite so far away. thats such a good deal for a very capable bike but im just not sure i don't want a bm anymore ??? ive got 2 airheads and will sell one but I'm thinking of selling both and having a change as i loved my old wee storm as i did everything well and theyre very reliable and new (compered to airheads anyway:blast)

I've had this going on in my little brain for too long :comfort

I have a 2011 dl650 but old model...what a brilliant little bike that I now use for my 2 up tours throughout Europe.At £5500 that has to be one of the best value bike on the market.....think manufacturers have gone silly with these new over complicated powerful bikes with £13000+ price tags.

ill give it a month:D

no if i get one it will be a keeper :D:augie
gotta keep it for a year at least :thumb id like to break my 18 month record :thumb

I have a 2011 dl650 but old model...what a brilliant little bike that I now use for my 2 up tours throughout Europe.At £5500 that has to be one of the best value bike on the market.....think manufacturers have gone silly with these new over complicated powerful bikes with £13000+ price tags.

totally agree i personally can't justify spending £11/12/13,000 or more on a new bike . thats a whole lotto money (i feel a song coming on :D ) to spend on a bike, especially if you don't like finance.
but i do like the new ktm :D

Cruising at a GPS 75mph we got around 60mpg which was nice, and so gives a theoretical range of 250 miles.

Even MCN seem to think it's not a bad bike:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/b.../Suzuki-DL650-V-Strom-650-ABS-2011---current/ :eek:

And there are new bikes out there that are way off list price:

http://cupar.newsweaver.co.uk/18krcvxq8xc-e7hrm27ref?email=true&a=2&p=31957115&t=17216024

though it might be a bit of a trek to get there and get one.

Was the fuel consumption calculated from the litres used and GPS track or from the odometer? If the latter how accurate is it or did you apply a correction factor?

a mate test rode a 2011 bike the other day and I went on the run with himm on my 2011 gsa, I was shocked as to just how quick the 650 was off the mark , up to 70 I struggled to stay with him and probably would do up to 80 or 90. On the back roads it was handling very nicely as well

The Merkins over on Advrider.com are very fond of both the old DR650 and the mini-strom DL version.

Lots of really big threads on both over there :thumb2

I have over 5000 miles on mine. cheap to run and a real fun bike for sensible money, take a test ride , you will not be disappointed:thumb

Well ive taken my time and there's been a lot of bikes inbetween but I've just got myself a rather lovely 2012 "glee"strom. Quick ride says I like it a lot . More later after a trip in a few weeks time :cool:

Back
Top Bottom