Rema Tip Top puncture repair

Re: Caution

Zwerver said:
Hi,

I've used this repair set several times, and it works great!
Once it held long enough to get me home from Doolin to Tilburg..

Hey, first post at this site. Anyway, I used the BMW set in Baja, Mex with a sidewall pinch and they didn't hold too well. I realize the sidewall is much harder to get to hold due to flex and we probably didn't let it setup long enough because it was getting dark. One of the guys with us had a tire gun thing called stop-n-go. I didn't try it but he swore by it.

http://www.stopngo.com/plugger.html

Re: Re: Re: Caution

MacDram said:
Yep, I've got one of those and I can definitely say it is a great piece of kit. (Although it is American, I got it from a U.K. source).

MacDram....

Is it the plugger thingy you have used or their screw in one and....

...what is the UK source????

Re: Re: Re: Re: Caution

AdamZ said:
MacDram....

Is it the plugger thingy you have used or their screw in one and....

...what is the UK source????

Sorry, I thought I'd already put this info on this site somewhere a while ago.

Anyway, I've got the gun type kit. Part No. 1095 Tire Plugger

I got it last year and it cost just under £40, which may sound a bit expensive, but I'd tried the other types and this really is very quick and easy to use. It's well made and comes with loads of plugs.......which I hope will last a lifetime!

AndyCam has seen the kit and I think he was impressed, maybe he'd like to add a comment.

Ordered mine from:-

Outdoors & More
2, Salmon Mews,
Britannia Street,
Shepshed,
Leics.,_ LE12 9AE
ENGLAND
Telephone
(+44) 01509 650539_

http://www.outdoors-and-more.com/

Attachments

• kit1095.gif
    kit1095.gif
    137.8 KB · Views: 901
Thanks for the info I have just called
This firm does not do the tyre gun plugger
any more due to high import costs etc
and it seems that nobody in UK does this
good bit of kit

so back to square one

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

TERRY RYAN said:
Thanks for the info I have just called
This firm does not do the tyre gun plugger
any more due to high import costs etc
and it seems that nobody in UK does this
good bit of kit

so back to square one

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Terry,

That's a pity, but why not order it yourself direct from the States?
I'd say it would still be worth it.
If you want, I'll see if I still have links for suppliers over there (or, how about some of the American members giving us some clues for suppliers?).

Also, I forgot to mention, I have used it to repair car tyres as well, so it is very handy.

Can't resist this:- :D

For a demo go to this website (although he quotes using green slime as an extra precaution, you don't ned it).

http://bongo.www8.50megs.com/plugging_a_flat_tire.htm

I was talking to city slicker last week at the Battleaxes about this piece of kit. How many people would be interested in a tyre plugger? If a uk or US source can be found can we do a bulk order?

Tyre Plugger

Just heard back from the US Co.
There UK suppliers details are below.....good luck

Revolution Motorcycles
Unit 3 & 7 Norwood Green Marine
Harewood Terrace
Southall Middlesex
UK UB2 4JN

OK
Thanks for the research
I will be on the phone tomorrow to find a price etc maybe a bulk order like Keith said could get us discount
watch this space for prices :)

TERRY RYAN said:
OK
Thanks for the research
I will be on the phone tomorrow to find a price etc maybe a bulk order like Keith said could get us discount
watch this space for prices :)

Include me for a bulk order....

Tyre plugger gun

at last found who does them made contact normal price

£45.00

if we manage to get 50 people who would like this item

then he will do them a fiver less each

but lets get some names of people who would like
this item first
Then I will go back and ask for more discount with the numbers
we have
Sounds good ?
Is this a starter or non starter?

lets see could this Tyre plugger gun help in a flat situation

who said im "ok I have Ultraseal in my tyres" :help

TERRY RYAN said:
Tyre plugger gun
at last found who does them made contact normal price
£45.00
if we manage to get 50 people who would like this item
then he will do them a fiver less each ...

Hmmmm, Bargain yet again. StopnGo web site shows price at USD39.95 which is around GBP23.40978 to the nearest 1,000 of a "p"....

Not that I am a mean bastard but I think that the UK distributors are taking the "p".

Lets see 50 people at GBP17 excessive profit = GBP850. I can get a flight to New York return for GBP195 including taxes on BA. Leaves GBP655 to have some fun....... :beer: :shoot: :beerjug: :beer:

AdamZ said:
Hmmmm, Bargain yet again. StopnGo web site shows price at USD39.95 which is around GBP23.40978 to the nearest 1,000 of a "p"....

Not that I am a mean bastard but I think that the UK distributors are taking the "p".

Lets see 50 people at GBP17 excessive profit = GBP850. I can get a flight to New York return for GBP195 including taxes on BA. Leaves GBP655 to have some fun....... :beer: :shoot: :beerjug: :beer:

Right up to when you have to pay the import duty & VAT, of course...

MikeO:D

Mike O said:
Right up to when you have to pay the import duty & VAT, of course...
MikeO:D

The closest equivalent I could find was "other handtools (other (other))". This has an import Tariff of 2.7% which allowing for a GBP4 per unit shipping charge on a "no volume discount" price of GBP23.41 leaves a profit on resale including VAT ....

...of GBP6.92 per unit.....

With order of 50 you would have GBP346.18.....

Well this post does get me above the 15 mark so I will not have the "new member" tag....

Okay, I'm not in business, nor have I ever been. However, I don't look at a profit margin of £7ish on a turnover of £40 to be excessive...

MikeO:confused:

Hey all,

I originally posted the link for the Tire Plugger. Sorry to get you all worked up with no finish. Is shipping from the states really that expensive? A friend of mine use to buy Scuba gear from Spain and said the shipping was reasonable coming the other way.

I'm not sure if I can help out over here since I'm not familiar with customs or import duties in your country. If it helps to have a package shipped from an individual you can route it through me for a group order. Maybe you can find a rider shipping their bike over for a riding trip or maybe one of you coming this way for the US summer riding season can pack some into the bike crate for the return trip.

I guarantee I'm not affiliated with these companies at all, just trying to help out other riders. It does seem like a big hassle though just for a tire plugger.:mad:

Anyway, Cheers and good luck. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom