Yes
I am the new owner of a tire plugger looks a good bit of kit

I will but it to the test in the week on some old tyres I take of
somebodys car

hope I never have use it on MY bike

Thanks MacDram for the advice

:beer:

I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

By the way, did you get it from Revolution Motorcycles, Southall, Middlesex (as found by notadrop)?

If so, could you put their telephone number on here?

Cheers.

Well did a test today with the tire plugger

just to see how things went
first of all I took a car tyre of the rim
removed the 1"1/2 8th screw from the tyre
pushed the reamer tool into the hole a few times (I did have my own hand reamer which I used to clean the hole out which I will but into the kit to use if need be)
then followed the instructions
The reason why I stripped the tyre down as I wanted to see
what went on inside the tyre
anyhow rebuilt tyre back on the rim
To simulate full car weight on tyre I then inflated tyre to 41 psi max psi for car tyre
checked tyre for leaks with a tyre leak finder liquid (no leaks)
I then refitted wheel to car (my car) changed air pressure to 30 psi and still driving on repair

well good bit of kit would have took 10 mins if I did not take tyre of rim :thumb

Ordered one of those tyre pluggers yesterday and it arrived this morning.Looks a good bit of kit.I think it is a lot easier than the Rema repair kit(although the rema does work very well too).Any way they are sold out now (but there might be a odd one or two kicking about in the shop). They are due another delivery over the next two weeks.Since the posting on this board the damn things have went like hotcakes!

Terry already posted the Revolution motercycles w/shop no so here is the shop no -0208 5688868

You get 25 plugs with it but no way of inflating the tyre so a wee compressor or hand tyre pump might be handy.
I fixed a bikes puncture last year in Austria (not mine ,zx6)using the rema but I had to blow the tyre up with a bicycle pump after I only got about 7psi out of the compressed air bottles.Took a bit of time and sweat but it worked up to about 36 psi.As long as you dont have to seal the bead on the tyre , a wee hand pump will do if you have nothing else.

oh and my car tyre is still ok after the repair I did with the
Tire Plugger kit

Pict
remember to invest in a small hand reamer to make that
small hole a bit bigger and to clean the hole before doing the repair the reamer also fits in the bag provided

maybe you can order one from rema tip top in Leeds

I also have a smaller compresser thats fits into
the palm of my hand and can also fit into the car
glove box

to seal a bead is easy remember to take out the valve core
and push in a massive volume of air hitting the top of the tyre were the bead is not sealing
and if all esle fails call me, pay for a plane ticket and I will do it for you

remember marines blow things up Mobile tyre fitters inflate
:D

Told you all it was great piece of kit!! :)

Terry,
The repair you have done to your car tyre.....are you running that every day? I would really only use the Tire Plugger as a "get home repair" but, as you are in the business, I will bow to your superior knowledge on these matters if you think it is better than that (I might take a bit of convincing though!).

Also, can you give me more details on the small compressor you use?

Thanks.

Done my fair share of sealing beads(mechanic to trade)but not with a bicycle pump obviously.But like McDram Iwould like to know more about the wee compressor.

By the way McDram,although the plugger is only a temp repair,I have been reliably informed that some one is still running the plug on their bike after 4000 miles.Dont think I would trust a plug to be anything less than a temp job.

How to get a tubeless tyre seated after removal if no high pressure air is available.Remove valve core A ten second squirt of butane gas from lighter refill tin into tyre. Throw a lighted piece of paper at it..... BANG!, tyre is ready to inflate. Seen it on telly once, very impressive. Only try this in emergencies or to impress female onlookers.

MacDram

Yes I am still running my car with the Tire plugger repair and
I have stripped the tyre down to have a look and every thing is still OK, its Just something I wanted to try Plus my car has 4 wheels unless its been parked in Liverpool THEN ITS ON BRICKS

HOW SAD AM I

I wanted to know that I could have trust in the tire plugger kit
repair

If I did this repair on my bike then at the soonest moment I would get a new Tyre put on and I would only class this as
a temp for a bike Tyre

of to find details on the small compresser will post later with details (now were did I put that info)

Marines blow things up Mobile tyre fitters inflate :beer:

SMALL COMPRESSER

This little compresser (mirco tyre compressor) I have produce upto 350 psi
it has a 8ft/10ft (HOW LONG)power lead for my aux plug
fiited by a very good mate on my GS beak

measurements are 7"x4.5"x 3" or 18cm x 11.5cm x 7.5cm

and it has a few attachment nozzles for airbeds footballs etc

£20.00 it cost me does the job
I normally inflate my tyres via
my compressor unit in my Mobile fitting van

Marines blow things up Mobile tyre fitters inflate :shoot:

Plug

I have just fixed a puncture on my front tire witch is almost new. Can I drive with it or should I change the tire.:mad:

BMW puncture repair - in the wet!

Anyone done this in the wet, any tips?

Not sure if you folks ever got to the bottom of this, but I found a UK company that does the tyre plugger.

pp1075.jpg

They do two sorts. This one for £29.99 and a cheaper version for £19.99.
They also have spare mushrooms.

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=561471

Old thread I know, but thought I'd post here instead of creating a new one.

I appear to have the original puncture repair kit under the saddle of my '03 1150GS with the exact same instructions as in the first post of this thread. It has not been used. The packaging for the rubber seals has torn but the little rubber grommets seem to be ok.

My question is whether the compressed gas cannisters and the glue in the little tube will still be of use after 7 years? Don't want to find out by the side of the road that they have a use by date.

Also, are all spoked 1150 GS rims tubeless? I was under the impression that spoked rims are unable to contain the pressurised air and that inners were needed?

Old thread I know, but thought I'd post here instead of creating a new one.

I appear to have the original puncture repair kit under the saddle of my '03 1150GS with the exact same instructions as in the first post of this thread. It has not been used. The packaging for the rubber seals has torn but the little rubber grommets seem to be ok.

My question is whether the compressed gas cannisters and the glue in the little tube will still be of use after 7 years? Don't want to find out by the side of the road that they have a use by date.

Also, are all spoked 1150 GS rims tubeless? I was under the impression that spoked rims are unable to contain the pressurised air and that inners were needed?

The Gas should be good to use, bet the glue is off though (mine was) I use the BMW tool to insert the sticky string type repairs, my last rear tyre did 6000 miles this way with no issues, I examined the tyre when it was being changed and the excess length of string was stuck very firmly to the inside of the tyre, re the tubeless spoked rims, they are edge spoked :thumb2

The Gas should be good to use, bet the glue is off though (mine was) I use the BMW tool to insert the sticky string type repairs, my last rear tyre did 6000 miles this way with no issues, I examined the tyre when it was being changed and the excess length of string was stuck very firmly to the inside of the tyre, re the tubeless spoked rims, they are edge spoked :thumb2

Thanks for the reply Stewart. The glue tube felt empty despite the seal being unbroken. I'll probably get a new set just in case.

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm guessing edge spoked means the spokes are attached to the surface rather than through the rim?

Back
Top Bottom