t5.jpg
t6.jpg
t7.jpg
t8.jpg
t9.jpg
t10.jpg

Caution

Hi,

I've used this repair set several times, and it works great!
Once it held long enough to get me home from Doolin to Tilburg..

Just be carefull when cutting off the excess end, on two occasion
I cut it of a bit short and the plug disappeared into the tire!:confused:

And on longer trips, take some extra cement and cartridges, although you have 3 plugs, almost all of the cement and all 3 cartridges are needed for one repair.

Hope you never have to use them!

Can't say I use this myself, but a good friend of mine swears by it. Ultraseal. I've cut the following from www.ultraseal.com. Automatically seals punctures. Anyone have any positive experience of this? Apparently it's expensive (about £25 for a pair of tyres), but worth it of it works. QUOTE:

HOW DOES ULTRASEAL PRODUCE A POSITIVE/SECURE REPAIR ?

Once the initial driving/usage period has been attained (3 to 5 miles), Ultraseal will be thoroughly distributed throughout the entire inner surface of the tire/wheel assembly. Ultraseal lays a 50 thousandths of an inch coating (0.50) which has the ability to remain suspended on to the tire/rim assembly's entire inner air cavity, .

Thixogel™ is the proprietary attribute that prevents Ultraseal's formulation from separating and/or migrating to the tread area.

Ultraseal is a liquid coating that conditions the inner surface and eliminates porosity and bead leaks as minute amounts of air attempt to escape. Ultraseal continuously stands on guard to protect tires against air loss from punctures for the tire's legal tread life.

When a tire is punctured, Ultraseal is forced against and around the puncturing object by the inner air pressure, thereby preventing air from escaping.

If the puncturing object is thrown out of the tire by centrifugal force or is pulled out, the inside air forces Ultraseal into the wound and immediately stops air loss. Special fibers entwine, forming a clot, then as the rubber recovers (see rubber recovery), aided by the flexing of the rotating tire, the inner air pressure forces the repair/clot well into and through the wound.

Once Ultraseal is exposed to outside air, a unique chemical curing process begins. The repair/clot extends well into and through the wound and once cured provides a repair that is impervious to water (rain, snow, mud, etc.).

The cured repair/clot, is then transposed into a positive rubberized seal, thereby protecting the inner casing and steel belts by preventing outside contaminants from leaching into the wound.

Regs,

Richard

Ultraseal

I would like to be able to give you an opinion of the effectiveness of Ultraseal as I paid approx £28 including postage for a bottle a few weeks ago. Unfortunately it is still on a shelf in my garage. You have to remove the core of your tyre valves to get the fluid in and if I try anything vaguely mechanical, I cock it up. Anyone got any 'how to do it' pictures that they could post?

Suggestion for a meet: a basic practical maintenance course for mechanical idiots. Members who are good can show off their skills to those of us keen to learn the difference between a widget and a woggle.

Peter.

Best thing would be to get in in there when the tyres are changed! I meant to do tht when I had a new back tyre a couple of weeks ago and forgot all about it until the following day.

Doh!

Richard

This ultraseal sounds like good stuff, but what happens when you remove the valve to change a tyre, does the core bung up like OKO did?

Who stocks it in the UK?

Ultraseal

Keith Chapman said:
This ultraseal sounds like good stuff, but what happens when you remove the valve to change a tyre, does the core bung up like OKO did?

Who stocks it in the UK?

I ordered it by telephone from Ultraseal:

Freephone 0800 074 0465. Their address is:

Northgate House
St Mary's Place,
Newcastle 0n Tyne,
NE1 7PN.

I have just dug out my invoice and the cost, including a £3.00 delivery charge was £28.48.

Peter.

Richwi and others,

Does the Ultraseal cause any damage to the rim? Is it caustic or corrosive? How long does it last inside the tyres? Does it have a life period or is that indeterminate? What temperature range is it best used in? Is it only available in the UK?

When a nail or something similar holes a tyre, Is it best to remove the foreign body or best to laeve it in and let the ultraseal do its business?

Sorry for the 101 questions but this is similiar to a sealing agent used in aircraft fuel bladders (Helicopters called Buna-N). It is a self sealing agent capable of sealing holes as big as .050 cal.

Mick

Hi Mick,

Sorry, but I can't answer your questions. The website I referenced above though seems very complrehensive...have a look and see if that answers your questions. If not...why not give thema ring?

Res,

Richard

There was a fairly comprehensive article about Ultraseal in the "Pipe & Slippers" Journal a couple of months ago (I'm guessing May/June issue). Seemed too good to be true.
From memory Cynthia Milton rode back from India(?) without problems and discovered a number of "sealed" holes on her return.
Apparently its been tested extensively in the US (military?).

Sorry if I've got some details wrong - go read the article :')

tip top kit

hey we in the AA have bin using this gear for a couple of yrs now.top stuff that it is
when using a works pan i had a rear puncture used the kit and pumped up tire we only reccomend 50mph for max 200 miles but i did 1800 miles and never got below 50mph so i would trustem for a good temp repair................note a TEMP REPAIR!!!
:beer:

A few people have reported vibration problems when running with Ultraseal installed. Apparently you can put too much in. I still prefer the idea of having nothing in there until after the puncture. You can do this with green gunk, especially if you can get a plug in as well to make the hole small.

I hate the idea of a puncture on either bike. The F's tubed tyres are a real PITA, you need a bead breaker. Only advantage is once its fixed, its fixed, no waiting for a new tyre, you carry a tube. The outfit will shortly be carrying a spare, but car tyres are a pig to plug.

Andy

Changing tyres........

What happens when you take a worn out tyre to have a new one fitted - does the fitter get covered in a solution that starts to cure and adhere him to the shop stock??? Then there is the fitting of the new tyre? As we are tubeless the rim inside must be covered with it - woud it not run out on removal and cause problems fitting the new one??confused:
....playing Devils' Advocate.....

Tyre information Ultra seal

Ultra seal
when checking tyre pressure make sure the valve is at the top i.e the end of the valve is pointing down to the ground
1. This lets all the liquid fall to the bottom of the tyre not cloging up the valve
2. If you have ultra seal in your tyres a good regular check
should be made of your tyres

and any nails etc removed from tyre asap
3.This would stop any major blow outs remember a object in a tyre could still rub inside your tyre this is why regular checks should be made

Hope this is reads ok
(would you know you had a puncture with ultra seal ?)
:beerjug:

Re: Tyre information Ultra seal

TERRY RYAN said:
Ultra seal

The theory is that you don't get a puncture as it seals the hole instantly. All you find on inspection is 200 nails all nicely polished having been rubbing on the road for 5000 miles.

In answer to other questions.
It could work out a bit expensive with tubless bike tyres only lasting 5000 miles or so a piece. Would be more cost effective in car tyres. But how often do you get a puncture these days?

Yes the tyre fitter would get covered if he's not warned.

No he might not continue with the job until YOU take the rim home and wash all that 28 quids worth down the drain.

No. It's not corrosive.

I would think it is just a rubber solution with anerobic properties. i.e. it sets when deprived of air. Like Super Glue. In fact, how about using Super Glue as a repair? Pull out the offending nail, insert Super Glue into hole, tyre sqeezes back into shape and closes hole, Super Glue bonds the hole back together and creates a seal.

I think if I am running tyres with ultra seal in I would be checking my tyres before the start of every trip

A nail can penertrate a tyre and the head of the nail can bury its self deep in the tread and cannot been seen by the human eye

1, The effects with ultra seal (seals the hole) rider does not know

1A, Rider does not know he has a nail penertration, rides for two/three weeks the nail may start to wear away the on in inside of the tyre due to the tyre movement on the road surface
Internal wear can lead to a major blow out

2, The effects without ultra seal (slow/quick puncture)rider knows he has a puncture

2A, RECOVERY TRUCK HOME SAFE AND SOUND NEW TYRE

Back
Top Bottom