Muppet on youtube

So apart from it being "snatchy, clonky, don't like this and don't like that" the bike's sound :D

None of you guys with this bike have mentioned it has 3 times the power of the older GS :D
Is he exaggerating a bit ??

It's his opinion and he's entitled to it. It doesn't neccesarily mean he's wrong and you're right. Or vice versa! :D

I agree with IJGser. I always thought you rode a bike?

Not in German or Dutch, the same word is used, our German and Dutch biker guests will often use the word "drive" when talking in English about riding their bikes

I agree about opinions, each to his own. And why do some people on here feel the need to vilify anyone who's opinion is different to their own?

John

Not in German or Dutch, the same word is used, our German and Dutch biker guests will often use the word "drive" when talking in English about riding their bikes

I agree about opinions, each to his own. And why do some people on here feel the need to vilify anyone who's opinion is different to their own?

John

Have you actually 'listened' to what he says, as opposed to 'hearing' what he says?
He is going to test the new "GSL" and then offers to "give a true reputation of the 2013 bike".

He complains of a "snatchy gearbox" but not too surprising it's snatchy when you watch the way he lifts and then dumps the clutch. He reports it has 3 times the power of the previous model, which would suggest the previous model has an output of some mind numbing 40bhp, it's not a Boxer and even has time to give us a sneak peek at a flashy Ginxer.

None of the above are 'opinions' , except the 'snatchy box', but that's down to his riding style.

Have you actually 'listened' to what he says, as opposed to 'hearing' what he says?
He is going to test the new "GSL" and then offers to "give a true reputation of the 2013 bike".

He complains of a "snatchy gearbox" but not too surprising it's snatchy when you watch the way he lifts and then dumps the clutch. He reports it has 3 times the power of the previous model, which would suggest the previous model has an output of some mind numbing 40bhp, it's not a Boxer and even has time to give us a sneak peek at a flashy Ginxer.

None of the above are 'opinions' , except the 'snatchy box', but that's down to his riding style.

Sorry, why does it matter what he says? The government can't legislate against twats for you, they would loose too many of their own! I just wonder why people are getting so uptight about one man's youtube video.

Maybe it's just my psychoanalyst training but I do find these reactions interesting. Are you guy's defending the bike or your own views on the bike? The interesting thing is the obvious need to defend something.

The man's video and his comments change nothing, the new GS is what is is no matter what anyone says, for or against. Were I not now an impoverished Innkeeper I might well be after one, as it is I ride a 10 year old 1150, owned from new (in the days when I had a disposable income) I am interested in everyone's views on all sorts of bikes but I don't personally feel threatened when people make negative comments about my bike.

John

Managed 30 seconds, but can't stand the sound of his voice' he sounds like Henry's cat. :D:headbat

Sorry, why does it matter what he says? The government can't legislate against twats for you, they would loose too many of their own! I just wonder why people are getting so uptight about one man's youtube video.

Maybe it's just my psychoanalyst training but I do find these reactions interesting. Are you guy's defending the bike or your own views on the bike? The interesting thing is the obvious need to defend something.

The man's video and his comments change nothing, the new GS is what is is no matter what anyone says, for or against. Were I not now an impoverished Innkeeper I might well be after one, as it is I ride a 10 year old 1150, owned from new (in the days when I had a disposable income) I am interested in everyone's views on all sorts of bikes but I don't personally feel threatened when people make negative comments about my bike.

John

I agree with JayC - it's not what (to some extent) he says, it's the way he says it... terminology, facts, the descriptive phrases he uses. He seems to be a little inept! His erm....erm..erm shows a lack of confidence and even starts by saying twice, that he's prepared to get slagged off.

I don't think anyone here is defending the bike or, is against his right to free speech and an opinion. We would all defend that I'm sure..I think the point is..... He's a twat!

Please don't psychoanalyse it too much or you'll end up being the one........... they chuck the shitty stick at.

Ps do you give discounts at your place to WC owners :thumb

[QUOTE.....

Ps do you give discounts at your place to WC owners :thumb[/QUOTE]

Discounts for WC owners? Is that because you spent all your money on the bike?

John

John

It matters what he says because it relates directly to the title of this thread and it's that title that I am defending. :D

Why do you assume people are getting uptight? They are merely giving their opinion...the very thing you seem to be defending? :blast

I think you are over reacting. I don't have the new GS and don't want one either so I don't really give a stuff at negative comments about it. However, there are negative comments and then there is muppetry.

John

I think that you are the one getting uptight - I came across (not literally) the video on you tube, watched it and thought the guy was a total muppet that's all! I don't give a damn what he thinks of the bike.

P.S. what is the psychoanalysis term for a muppet by the way?

I think that you are the one getting uptight - I came across (not literally) the video on you tube, watched it and thought the guy was a total muppet that's all! I don't give a damn what he thinks of the bike.

P.S. what is the psychoanalysis term for a muppet by the way?

You fish'in again?:augie

"i don't like this, i don't like that. this bit's tacky"

sounds like some of the old farts on here :rolleyes:

he does sound a bit of a twat, even though he highlights some of the things i mentioned when i wrote about my test ride :augie

Back
Top Bottom