R1200GSA LED indicators leaking

PatM

Reaction score
Hi- my LAMPF has come on and my rear indicator has an LED out in it- its also misted, so I want to dismatle it to dry it out and re-sea- Is this possible, as i cant see any fixings and dont want to break it snapping it apart-(The indicators are flasshing fast on one side)-
Thanks

PatM

I think you're better off accepting it's buggered. I just replaced mine - same flashing symptoms, no misting. I bought a used one from motorworks for £20. Looks like new. You've got to take the back rack off to get to the connector. Lot of work to replace a light bulb but that's BMW for you. New one is £35 I think.

Thanks mate- bloody brilliant- I had a feeling they were crimped together- the plastic that is. Right, thats the challenge- see if I can prise the lense off and silicon seal it back on- Ill put up with the annoyance of LAMPF for the rest of the week and see if I have any success - Ill post back the outcome, one way or another- take the rack off- ? Unreal, just to change a blown bulb/LED- its probably only damp tracking across the board...

Back
Top Bottom