Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnet View Post
    +1 Thanks from me and Harry the cat.

Great event - hope to do it again next year
    +2

Truly a great weekend without a doubt ... a big thank you from me too

Some piccies to go up on the Borders Bash thread

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Big thanks from me too .....

Brilliant event , the guys excelled themselves with the choice of location. The Cheviot were fab 'hosts' , road ride ran like clockwork and i really enjoyed meeting some new faces plus, as I don't get to go to many events nowaydays, catching up with some of the 'regulars' too....you know who you are.

Big apologies to Mark for nicking his parking spot when I pitched my tent.........next time bring a can of that paint they use to mark out footy pitches and paint the appropriate picture on the grass before I arrive

The ride back was fun. Despite leaving in beautiful sunshine, and shedding a layer before we left it was bloody wet & windy all the way from Hartside cafe, the whole way down the M6 to my front door....not been that damp & cold on a bike for a while. An ickle bit scary watching Paul mixing it with the lorries etc on his TTR with the wind, spray, rain and and no visor to boot.

One last point, somebody needs to have a bloody serious word with the campsite owner about the gents showers before you hold another event there.

I mean , a 15stone limit on the shower seat !!?? He's not met your average tosser before has he?

As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

Sorry I missed this one , It looks like it was another complete success .
    I'd probably have gotten drunk and made a complete arse of myself anyway . well done Colin , Rob and all involved with organizing . Maybe next year .

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by kirky1298 View Post
    I'd probably have gotten drunk and made a complete arse of myself anyway . well done Colin , Rob and all involved with organizing . Maybe next year .
    You would have been at home ... everyone else did

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Well done Colin and Rob and all who attended a great event, we only scratched the surface of some of the great riding roads in your part of the world, must return to sample more soon.......
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

R1200GSA TDM 900 R1200GS Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thanks to all who attended & helped with organisation.
    Good to meet old & new faces

Thanks too from Hotel & Campsite owners, they thought highly of all & said we're welcome back anytime.
    Site owner in particular was amazed that the site was left spotless- Thanks for that Guys & Girls

See you all next year I hope

Rear Stab Vest Only .... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderraider View Post
    Thanks to all who attended & helped with organisation.
    Good to meet old & new faces

Thanks too from Hotel & Campsite owners, they thought highly of all & said we're welcome back anytime.
    Site owner in particular was amazed that the site was left spotless- Thanks for that Guys & Girls

See you all next year I hope

Oye !

I've just seen that comment , people in little vans full of products ...

Cheeky Fecker , I was wondering what people were on about ...

A great weekend. Many thanks to all that made it happen

Canny time, thanks all, working nightshift Sunday was a bit struggle like

Quote Originally Posted by kawaman View Post
    Thanks Rob and Colin for putting on a great weekend, also to the Tail End Charlie out on the bimble.

A special thanks to Gail and her kettle.

We met some wonderful people and hope to meet them all again soon.

Cheers, Jeff (KTM Adventure) and Helen (Kawasaki ER6)
    I am that tail end charlie. Thanks to all. It was great sitting at the back watching a long line of bikes (23) streching out in front of me in the rolling hills. I wish i had a video. What a great weekend. Thanks to Rob and Colin for their time to organise it all and of course it helps if the rest of you turn up to enjoy it. But dont forget to keep it to yourselves as we want our roads to remain quiet and not full of Southern softies. LOL
    we came we saw we went home

On the must do list for next year, unfortunately I was working this weekend and no time off allowed.

Did Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by yalcrabm View Post
    I am that tail end charlie. Thanks to all. It was great sitting at the back watching a long line of bikes (23) streching out in front of me in the rolling hills. I wish i had a video. What a great weekend. Thanks to Rob and Colin for their time to organise it all and of course it helps if the rest of you turn up to enjoy it. But dont forget to keep it to yourselves as we want our roads to remain quiet and not full of Southern softies. LOL
    Just as well we are Eastern then!!! Thanks to both of you for the warming drinks, reviving toast and the handy wind break, ! Hopefully you be about to TEC us to the tanks next year, if not before.

Great weekend in perfect location...big thank you to all involved in the organisation
    Thanks to Rob and Mick for a super smooth bimble ride out
    We made some new friends and put faces to names...hope to do it all again next year

R1200GSA TDM 900 R1200GS Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolcarbon View Post
    Now that was a little bit special....
    Thanks to Rob, Colin and the Girls, Gail and Georgia....
    Colins run was good fun but, that last ten miles were a smile inducing blast, Colin, your Mrs definitely plays with a 'Full Gearbox'...
    :
    I'm considering a five speed restriction

Old boiled sweet Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Many, many thanks to Rob, Colin and their lovely wives, Gail and Georgia.

We got back this afternoon and can say that it was worth the 750 mile round trip to ride such stunning roads in great company. The campsite was brilliant. It's not often you find one with such fantastic views but within 100 yards of the village centre (and pub)!

If it's going to happen next year, put our names down now!
    Every day I wake up is a good day.

I fell ill once... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    It was a pleasure to meet you two, if only intermittently over the weekend.

I'll repay you for your cooking tips with some tales about one of your former home towns when I see you next time: It has changed a lot and surprised me when I arrived.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast