2 Dead

An Old Ad But a good one .

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/16e8Sm4PeII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No it's not! It suggests you don't get warnings of any hazards when in fact most of the situations shown could be predicted to some extent at least. The film implies that these warning signs do not exist rather than showing the people with the signs and then going back to show how the situation developed and just where the real warning signs were.

John

It's not meant to suggest there's no warnings in real life.... The question I used to ask after a showing was " ever had a perfect ride?"

Then it was discussed how the examples in the movie could be anticipated without the helpful prompts....

In other words in real life you've got to ride defensively and expect the unexpected. :thumb

There is hope.

Government figures suggest that Motorcycle fatalities are dropping by around 10% per year.
On the other hand serious injury is on the increase by around 10% per year.

So,maybe it's not that there are any less incidents but protective clothing is improving or are rider aids fitted to many bikes are reducing the severity of the accident.

Sadly there is always going to be an inherent danger to riding a bike,as I see it,it's up to the rider to do everything he can to keep himself/herself safe and where possible to enhance the safety of others.

I still very much enjoy riding in a spirited fashion but I'm very very selective as to where and when that happens these days.

Whatever you ride folks enjoy and stay safe :thumb

Steve

It's not meant to suggest there's no warnings in real life.... The question I used to ask after a showing was " ever had a perfect ride?"

Then it was discussed how the examples in the movie could be anticipated without the helpful prompts....

In other words in real life you've got to ride defensively and expect the unexpected. :thumb

I can see how the film would be very useful to start people talking I just think that on it's own it maybe needs a bit more about how to look for the real signs that were there to be seen.

As for riding defensively I always say that in a car you should assume that every other driver is an idiot. On a bike you should assume that every other diver is a homicidal idiot.

John

As for riding defensively I always say that in a car you should assume that every other driver is an idiot. On a bike you should assume that every other diver is a homicidal idiot, and that around every corner is a stay cow or a broken down bus

John

Fixed John, just to add my own gripe about the complaints from some Motorcyclists :) :thumb

("damage caused by some idiot who parked his car just round the corner on a blind bend" :mad: *extract from an ebay ad that boiled my piss*)

I've just sold my rice rocket for a r1200gs, I hurt myself couple of years ago when I hit a car so head down arse up just does not suit me anymore. But in my 20 or so years I also learned a lot of road craft and you got to drive as if anything can happen if you drive to chance it will surely happen.
RIP to the fallen. (My two friends included)

It's always a black day when 'bike riders go down - knocking on the door to pass the message is one of the shittiest days!

It doesn't really matter who's at fault - you're on 2 x wheels and you will lose if you fcuk about!

I'm firmly with Bryn...

In other words in real life you've got to ride defensively and expect the unexpected.

Back
Top Bottom