Calling any WR250F owners

thor1340

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just picked one up and I have a couple of questions.

How do you secure your bike when you leave it as mine has no keyed ignition just a switch?

Have you had any bother insuring, seem to have an issue as I have a Carole Nash six wheel policy, I am waiting for them to get back to me.

Are there any must have bolt ons / accessories? Bearing in mind this bike will be used for green laneing.

Thanks in advance. Stuart

There's a steering lock on mine though I doubt it's much of a deterrent. Keep it in the garage and when I'm out I'm in such back of beyond places that no thief would have the energy to make the effort. Sorry I can't help but great bike to ride.

Most enduro bikes have the same problem with locks and the answer is that you can't leave them anywhere apart from parked up in the garage or similar.

My Gasgas doesn't even have the switch. Never had a problem insuring and I'm on a multi-bike policy with La Parisienne via CIA brokers.

Viv

They are about 100 and a bit kilo's mate unless its chained down they will lift it kill switch , ignition dont matter, my mate had his taken off a trailer in less than 5 mins, its a race / enduro bike and well sort after by scum.
Insurance should not be a problem , i have had 7 of them and never had an issue.
Mods ? standard bars are made of chocolate and too low unless short in the leg dept, frame guards unless its too late ? lever/hand guards and a bashplate. They will take serious abuse and are tougher than any of its like but stock up on oil/filters as if i remember its 6 hr oil changes (dry sump and just over a litre)

Back
Top Bottom