Wiring Diagram - 1200GS

GSmonkey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody got a wiring diagram of the 1200GS they can post??

Thanks

No diagram, I'm afraid......

R1200GS%20Electronics.jpg

Nice diagram Schtum...........but I was hoping for something a bit more detailed. Thought somebody could rip the diagram off the BMW CD and post.

Wiring Diagram

I've got the CD but if there is a wiring diagram I can't find it.

There are lots of sketches showing how to route a new harness, but absolutely nothing resembling an actual wiring diagram.

Conclusion - BMW don't trust anyone, including their dealers to mess with it.

Sailor

No wiring diagram??? That was going to be my only reason for buying the bloody CD. You get the wiring diagram in the owners manual with Honda!!!

Poor show from BMW.

I have them

I haven't checked in in a while. I have 19 pages of wiring diagrams for the 12GS. Is there a particular section you are interested in? You can email me cvautomotive at yahoo.com if you would like me to send them to you. They're scans in jpg format.

G S Monkey

The electrical system is a network, not a conventional harness, all the devices operate via a PLC for each device on the canbus network, hence no diagram.

Re: I have them

David_S said:
I haven't checked in in a while. I have 19 pages of wiring diagrams for the 12GS. Is there a particular section you are interested in? You can email me cvautomotive at yahoo.com if you would like me to send them to you. They're scans in jpg format.
I've mailed you.....cheers:) :)

Re: G S Monkey

Jimb said:
The electrical system is a network, not a conventional harness, all the devices operate via a PLC for each device on the canbus network, hence no diagram.
The difference with CANbus is there are no relays, the ECU communicates directly with controllers distributed throughout the bike by modulating a signal on the wires. There are still wires from the controllers to the devices and from switchgear to the controllers, hence there is a diagram:)

Re: G S Monkey

Jimb said:

Two of the wires are a network the rest of them are carrying power and ground just like any other electrical system. A 12 volt bulb still needs 12 volts. The CAN just allows the controllers to communicate with each other.

I've had a few request for the diagrams so I'll try to post them on my make shift web site for downloading this evening.

Diagrams are up

The diagrams are HERE. I'm on dial up here so I had to reduce the quality a bit but they should print out OK. Just right click and select save picture as and probably just leave the name the same since I numbered them in the order they came out of the book. I imagine I'll get a nasty letter from the copyright police so get them while you can. I just think it's a crime that these aren't made available to the public even for a fee. Enjoy.

DS

Quality problem..

Hi

I tried to print the stuff. Unfortunately jpg has done nasty things to text, most of the wire information seems to be unreadable.

It would be a good idea to convert original scanned files (TIF ??) to PDF and publish those.

Fin

I've put them as a pdf so get them HERE

I'm only going to leave them there for a while, so grab them whilst you can.

One of the schematics (number VI) is missing, not quite sure what it is, any ideas Dave??

["SNIP".

One of the schematics (number VI) is missing, not quite sure what it is, any ideas Dave?? [/B]

It's for the alarm. I put it up this morning if you want to add it to the PDF. Good work Thanks

David_S said:
It's for the alarm. I put it up this morning if you want to add it to the PDF. Good work Thanks
I've already added the alarm, which is schematic VIII, what I haven't got is VI, but I don't know what it is?

It must be the cluster for NON INTEGRAL ABS models. If you want to add that I'll try and get it up within the next day or so.

Shouldn't bother Dave, you can't get non-ABS models here (yet). Thanks for all your efforts.:beerjug:

Thank you very much for those diagrams gentlemen. Much obliged.......:)

Back
Top Bottom