Vario cases with fittings for 02 Dakar possibly for sale

Sgt Pepper

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry if title a bit confusing but I'm assessing potential luggage solutions for forthcoming trip and would prefer to use a more integrated solution but this depends on price I may get for existing set, hence this thread ! The overall condition of the panneirs is operationally and structurally very good but the aluminium faces do have a few dents. Is anybody interested and if so, what do you think would be a fair price for the whole set-up?

So be honest, how bad are the dents.

Do you have photo's or can I come and see the cases ?

I work in Orpington and live in Welling, so I am pretty close to you.

Will they fit an 04 Dakar ?

Just to let anyone interested know that the 'expanding' cases to fit the F650GS will fit all the F65GS range from '00 to '04 (and beyond) but the top-box fitting for the Twin-Spark '04 has been altered from the previous models so they are not interchangeable.

Cheers, Trevor, Brsitol, UK F650 website for UK and Ireland owners/enthusiasts

Hi Trevor, hi All,

are the vario cases still for sale? I have an 04 Dakar.

Tim

Yes, they are. I'm looking for about £185ovno for the cases and the frame. BMW price is about £310. The key tumblers will need to be replaced by the new owner as currently they are matched to my ignition key.

RTGLOBE said:
Sorry if title a bit confusing but I'm assessing potential luggage solutions for forthcoming trip and would prefer to use a more integrated solution but this depends on price I may get for existing set, hence this thread ! The overall condition of the panneirs is operationally and structurally very good but the aluminium faces do have a few dents. Is anybody interested and if so, what do you think would be a fair price for the whole set-up?

How is the Remus exhaust that you got on ebay? Do you think it worth the investment?

Andy

I haven't fitted it yet but haven ridden an '03 with one fitted. I probably wouldn't have bothered were it not for the fact that I need an exhaust which can be used with leaded and unleaded fuel. It's not got that much additional sound or performance, having said that, there is some increase in both, but it is small. It also does have the benefit of looking smart-Nice shape and well made. So for me it is worth it-It is road legal which should ensure acceptance in all the countries I plan to visit and dual-fuel for the countries which still only have leaded. It was also about £100 less than the normal price !

Hi Mike,

Would you please send me some photos of the cases by e-mail?

Thanks, Angus.

Angus,

For some reason you cannot recieve Private Messages-It may be because you are not a sponsor. The images I have are too large to post here. Can you give me your own e-mail address and I'll send them to you.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom