Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1200 GS Cruise Control...Throttle Lock

Very fast, got mine yesterday
    Thank you

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Hi Garry, I just bought one of your controls form Ebay. Works fine on all of my bikes, nice one amigo!!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thanks for all who have purchased one
    New Ebay linky

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2612385242...84.m1558.l2649

But don't forget to contact me direct it's cheaper

Finally got the opportunity to try mine out today on a run down to South Wales along the M4.

Cruising at 70mph I applied the throttle lock which, unfortunately, didn't hold the speed. The lock allowed the grip to slowly close. I tried it several times varying the speed from Fifty up to eighty! It simply would not hold! Coming back I pushed the O-ring further up to the second notch but it still wouldn't hold the throttle open at a constant speed.

I've now placed a small piece of inner tube underneath the teeth of the lock and will try it out on the straight tomorrow on my way home from work in the hope that it'll make a difference but I have to say I'm not optimistic.

Overall, I'm quite disappointed and left wondering how they work for some and not others?

Quote Originally Posted by MEDICMAN View Post
    Finally got the opportunity to try mine out today on a run down to South Wales along the M4.

Cruising at 70mph I applied the throttle lock which, unfortunately, didn't hold the speed. The lock allowed the grip to slowly close. I tried it several times varying the speed from Fifty up to eighty! It simply would not hold! Coming back I pushed the O-ring further up to the second notch but it still wouldn't hold the throttle open at a constant speed.

I've now placed a small piece of inner tube underneath the teeth of the lock and will try it out on the straight tomorrow on my way home from work in the hope that it'll make a difference but I have to say I'm not optimistic.

Overall, I'm quite disappointed and left wondering how they work for some and not others?

Are your grips worn out or covered in Pledge
    You can use a zip tie instead of the o-ring and make it really tight but don't overdo it
    Maybe you would be better off returning it and i will refund you

Interesting? I use mine for limiting speed in the villages around North Wales where the police usually are. Therefore not limiting the speed for that long at a time. I fitted two rings of old inner tube to mine from the off to save damaging the original heated grip rubber. This has worked perfectly well as the inner tube grips the grip but allows just the right movement to the throttle lock.
    Hope this helps and a great deal cheaper than the alternatives including buying a new fly by wire system bike.
    G

Quote Originally Posted by MEDICMAN View Post

I had the mk1 version which didnt have the notch in, and i had the same problem. Having looked at my grips compared to others, mine are a bit shiney and smooth.
    As luck would have it we found a suitable spring and hooked it through the 2 small holes and managed to adjust the tension so now it is perfect!!

throttle lock cruise control

Hi Gaz please could I order another throttle lock cruise control, finally broke it 3 bikes later and about 29,000 miles covered, well happy I would like to try your mk 2 version many thanks neil

I am going to put a piece of innertube in with the locks from now on to make it even more versatile

Quote Originally Posted by Garry H View Post
    Are your grips worn out or covered in Pledge
    You can use a zip tie instead of the o-ring and make it really tight but don't overdo it
    Maybe you would be better off returning it and i will refund you
    Thanks for that, Garry, I went out after fitting the inner tube (grips not overly worn) and tried it out on the relatively new and smooth Hereford by-pass with a much better result. Not complete success either but better. I'm going to try putting two O-rings on each notch to see if that is better still.

I still believe this is a great idea and really want it to work. If it doesn't I may pm you and take you up on your offer.

Cheers,

MM

I was hoping to attach a picture of how mine looks, unfortunately i'm not allowed to insert attachments yet..

Just to say, the price vs the gain means this is an exceptionally good value addition to any GS..!!!

I have just over a dozen left and have another project on the go for the next 3 weeks
    So onece these go there will be no more until the end of july
    If you want one for you hols grab one

PM sent.

I have 5 left then thats it until the end of the month
    So if you want one grab one

Quote Originally Posted by Garry H View Post
    I have 5 left then thats it until the end of the month
    So if you want one grab one
    2 left. PM me
    Ebay listing finished for now