Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sold out / Full House / No more room

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Sold out / Full House / No more room

We now have over 50 people paid up as coming so we reluctantly have to put up the "Sold Out" sign.

Sumprat just turned white when I told him we had gained another 10 people in last couple of days.

We are going to have to pop out and buy more supplies today. Much better situation than having to waste stuff like we had a few years ago.

I've been up since 5.30 am as really want to get everything sorted today so I can relax on Friday.

Hope it runs nice and easy for you Sid and Helpers

More importantly that everyone that has "promised to" turns up!

Enjoy yourselves
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

Looks like it wil be a great do. Credit to yourself and all the others who are helping put it together as I'm sure it will be a great weekend.

I was dithering whether to go or not; serves me right now that there is no more room at the Inn.

Woo hoo, roll on 5.30 cause that's when beryl fires up and we're on our way

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    R60 MOT'd last Friday, no prob's, no advisories.

Yesterday wheeled it out to do a few miles, indicators weren't flashing, just illuminated when switched on Pull apart the flasher unit, contemplate construction, bend a bracket slightly, indicators now function correctly.

This morning, wheeled it out of the garage, starts first kick, reluctantly goes onto two pots and runs like a pig. Stop at traffic lights and look down, right carb' is flooding enough to warrant construction of an ark.

Back home, the float has sunk. What? It's only 44 bloody years old what can be wrong with a brass float that's only done 22,000 miles in 44 years? Heat with hot air gun to boil off the fuel until it's empty. Fine emery to clean the brass, break out the soldering iron to soft solder the minute crack ~3mm long running vertically down the side wall above the seam. Carefully file off surplus solder. Replace in carb' and yes it floats.

Bike runs like clockwork the 7˝ miles to work but will it make it 490 miles to Sid's spot in Devon?

This saga makes Dallas sound boring
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Bike runs like clockwork the 7˝ miles to work but will it make it 490 miles to Sid's spot in Devon?

It's an adventure

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    .................but will it make it 490 miles to Sid's spot in Devon?

I sincerely hope so, not just 'cos it'll be great to say hi again but having seen a picture of that bike for the first time the other day I can't wait to see it in the flesh

Bon voyage

Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    have a great time, weather looks cracking.....!!

I,m leaving Madrid at 21.35 tonight, see you all tomorrow.

Do I get the prize for the longest commute

I left canada for the weekend at sids... Okay so it was ten years ago but i heard it was worth it!

My new Garmin 'Basecamp' software plotted a route from Portsmouth to Devon via Northern France (until I disabled Ferries in the options.)

I think I'll stick to map reading this weekend until I learn how to use the thing properly.
    ADAM

2008 R1200GSA
    2011 Yamaha Tmax

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pukmeister View Post
    My new Garmin 'Basecamp' software plotted a route from Portsmouth to Devon via Northern France (until I disabled Ferries in the options.)

I think I'll stick to map reading this weekend until I learn how to use the thing properly.
    Funny you should say that....... My old nail hasn't got a GPS fitted and I find myself, for the first time in a few years, going on a longish journey and having to plot a cross country route on a map.

Just sitting down now to do it.

Proper old skool

Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Sid, will you be wearing those italian gigolo trousers that make it look as if you're packing a couple of humongous doughnuts in your pants.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    We now have over 50 people paid up as coming so we reluctantly have to put up the "Sold Out" sign.

Sumprat just turned white when I told him we had gained another 10 people in last couple of days.

We are going to have to pop out and buy more supplies today. Much better situation than having to waste stuff like we had a few years ago.

I've been up since 5.30 am as really want to get everything sorted today so I can relax on Friday.
    Sorry for the last minute entry Crapaud, but after much dithering I can now count myself in, thanks to Count Pikey, so thanks for squeezing us in! Look forward to helping out and picking up some useful tips on how to keep my baby (GSA) roadworthy - and drinking some Cider!
    Bazzer

If any of you are coming down the North Devon Link Road (A361) on Friday evening you may want a brief pause at The Cabin. That's the cafe on the south side of the road at Knowstone. There's now a Bike Night every Friday thru the summer.
    It's a good place for a quick cuppa once you're off the M5.
    (There's also a bike meet there on wednesday lunchtimes if you're ever passing.)
    Just thought I'd mention it....

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    Sid, will you be wearing those italian gigolo trousers that make it look as if you're packing a couple of humongous doughnuts in your pants.
    I haven't worn those trousers in years but I will search for them in the morning just for you Neil. You did show an unhealthy interest in my gonads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast