Sold out / Full House / No more room

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We now have over 50 people paid up as coming so we reluctantly have to put up the "Sold Out" sign.

Sumprat just turned white when I told him we had gained another 10 people in last couple of days.:D

We are going to have to pop out and buy more supplies today. Much better situation than having to waste stuff like we had a few years ago.

I've been up since 5.30 am as really want to get everything sorted today so I can relax on Friday.

Hope it runs nice and easy for you Sid and Helpers

More importantly that everyone that has "promised to" turns up! :thumb

Enjoy yourselves :D

Looks like it wil be a great do. Credit to yourself and all the others who are helping put it together as I'm sure it will be a great weekend.

I was dithering whether to go or not; serves me right now that there is no more room at the Inn:blast.

:friday

Woo hoo, roll on 5.30 cause that's when beryl fires up and we're on our way:thumb

R60 MOT'd last Friday, no prob's, no advisories.

Yesterday wheeled it out to do a few miles, indicators weren't flashing, just illuminated when switched on:blast Pull apart the flasher unit, contemplate construction, bend a bracket slightly, indicators now function correctly. :D

This morning, wheeled it out of the garage, starts first kick, reluctantly goes onto two pots and runs like a pig:blast:mad:. Stop at traffic lights and look down, right carb' is flooding enough to warrant construction of an ark.

Back home, the float has sunk. What? It's only 44 bloody years old what can be wrong with a brass float that's only done 22,000 miles in 44 years? Heat with hot air gun to boil off the fuel until it's empty. Fine emery to clean the brass, break out the soldering iron to soft solder the minute crack ~3mm long running vertically down the side wall above the seam. Carefully file off surplus solder. Replace in carb' and yes it floats.:D

Bike runs like clockwork the 7½ miles to work but will it make it 490 miles to Sid's spot in Devon? :eek:

This saga makes Dallas sound boring:toungincheek

Bike runs like clockwork the 7½ miles to work but will it make it 490 miles to Sid's spot in Devon? :eek:

It's an adventure:augie

.................but will it make it 490 miles to Sid's spot in Devon? :eek:

I sincerely hope so, not just 'cos it'll be great to say hi again but having seen a picture of that bike for the first time the other day I can't wait to see it in the flesh :)

Bon voyage :beerjug:

Andres

have a great time, weather looks cracking.....!!

I,m leaving Madrid at 21.35 tonight, see you all tomorrow.

Do I get the prize for the longest commute :D

My new Garmin 'Basecamp' software plotted a route from Portsmouth to Devon via Northern France :confused: (until I disabled Ferries in the options.)

I think I'll stick to map reading this weekend until I learn how to use the thing properly.

My new Garmin 'Basecamp' software plotted a route from Portsmouth to Devon via Northern France :confused: (until I disabled Ferries in the options.)

I think I'll stick to map reading this weekend until I learn how to use the thing properly.

Funny you should say that....... My old nail hasn't got a GPS fitted and I find myself, for the first time in a few years, going on a longish journey and having to plot a cross country route on a map.

Just sitting down now to do it.

Proper old skool :D

Andres

Sid, will you be wearing those italian gigolo trousers that make it look as if you're packing a couple of humongous doughnuts in your pants. :D

We now have over 50 people paid up as coming so we reluctantly have to put up the "Sold Out" sign.

Sumprat just turned white when I told him we had gained another 10 people in last couple of days.:D

We are going to have to pop out and buy more supplies today. Much better situation than having to waste stuff like we had a few years ago.

I've been up since 5.30 am as really want to get everything sorted today so I can relax on Friday.

Sorry for the last minute entry Crapaud, but after much dithering I can now count myself in, thanks to Count Pikey, so thanks for squeezing us in! Look forward to helping out and picking up some useful tips on how to keep my baby (GSA) roadworthy - and drinking some Cider!
Bazzer:beer:

If any of you are coming down the North Devon Link Road (A361) on Friday evening you may want a brief pause at The Cabin. That's the cafe on the south side of the road at Knowstone. There's now a Bike Night every Friday thru the summer.
It's a good place for a quick cuppa once you're off the M5.
(There's also a bike meet there on wednesday lunchtimes if you're ever passing.)
Just thought I'd mention it....

Sid, will you be wearing those italian gigolo trousers that make it look as if you're packing a couple of humongous doughnuts in your pants. :D

I haven't worn those trousers in years but I will search for them in the morning just for you Neil. You did show an unhealthy interest in my gonads.:D

Woke this morning to see Lightning and heavy downpours, so much for riding down in the sunshine. Have delayed departure a little until the weather improves, I don't fancy a zillion volts through my noggin.

Back
Top Bottom