Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thank you

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just making sure... did i tell everyone that race car spelt backwards spells race car ?
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    Just making sure... did i tell everyone that race car spelt backwards spells race car ?
    Missed that one, cheers. Think I'll drop it into our team meeting at work tomorrow morning

Andres
    Doris doesn't give a fuck...be more like Doris!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    This one made me think of Steptoe's sausage (please, no innuendos)

Go hang a salami; I'm a lasagna hog!
    Tnx Mike

...are you up for the Big Bike Rally Challenge http://rallymoto.co.uk/

Let me know if I can help with advice on green laning and rallying your 1150 GS/GSA

- Renthal Fat Bars
    - 21" Front wheels
    - Mods that are REALLY needed

It did. But i couldn't remember who asked for it.

So i ate it saturday morning.
    Think it might have been me.

You bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hooton View Post
    Ah, soz Steptoe, my sincere apologies as I have obviously got you mixed up with another one of the lads.

TBH my head was spinning when I arrived from kindly folk saying `hi` and the well deserved ribbing for turning up on an LC(WC)!

Somebody asked me "Where are the toilets please?"

I told them "There's one in the stable block, one at the rear of the house, and Mark's 13 plated one parked over there!"

We were going to put an old bog seat and a roll of Andrex on your bike but didn't want to upset you.

I was going to ask for a spin on it up the drive but never got around to it. But being a poor pensioner, I could never afford to blow £13k on a new bike (according to my local dealer). Plus it might damage my credibility in Airhead circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    That was me Sid, I did think about it briefly for a second as I was busting for a pee having just arrived on the bike, then decided to head for the stables instead.
    ADAM

2008 R1200GSA
    2011 Yamaha Tmax

The best comment I heard regarding the toilets was along the lines of,
    "The stables smell of horse shit, so why the feck are there two air fresheners in the toilet"

Well we wouldn't want to upset the horses would we

I told them "There's one in the stable block, one at the rear of the house, and Mark's 13 plated one parked over there!"

We were going to put an old bog seat and a roll of Andrex on your bike but didn't want to upset you.

I was going to ask for a spin on it up the drive but never got around to it. But being a poor pensioner, I could never afford to blow £13k on a new bike (according to my local dealer). Plus it might damage my credibility in Airhead circles.

Ha - funny man and yes you should have with the loo roll - it would have been well funny (if you knew me better you'd know you'd far from ever upset me!) and it would have took my mind off ATT's Tourette's and snoring attack in the tent next to me

Pukmeister actually had a good hour ride on the Beemer Bog - the longest he's ever had his strides down around his ankles while he was sat on the WC

And yes, if and when the occasion ever presents itself you remain very welcome to the keys - I won't tell anyone........

BTW the new F800 Adv arrives in July (more money than sense, I'll be keeping all the other bikes of course) so does that ban me from any future events as its not even horizontally opposed?

And btw way, sump rat, although all due appreciation has been well received by Sid lets not forget the awesome amount of work that you did - the curry was great and that cheeky little number in the saucepan next to the hot curry really did bring my WC into its own - no other bike can provide such necessary amenities at 90mph

And btw way, sump rat, although all due appreciation has been well received by Sid lets not forget the awesome amount of work that you did - the curry was great and that cheeky little number in the saucepan next to the hot curry really did bring my WC into its own - no other bike can provide such necessary amenities at 90mph [/QUOTE]

Another vote for the cheeky number... it went very nicely on a couple of jacket spuds and would've done so again with the bbq on Saturday had Sumprat made sufficient!

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

Hey Sid

How did it end with the charity, did we get to the upper limit of what Barclays agreed to double. I was going to propose a whip round if we didnt.

M
    Tnx Mike

Let me know if I can help with advice on green laning and rallying your 1150 GS/GSA

- Renthal Fat Bars
    - 21" Front wheels

Mike

I was going to make a separate post about that in a few days time now that I have collected the last few pennies and accounted for everything. I was out with the lady from the charity this morning as I had to help her get her disabled son have his blood tests. He is a big lad and doesn't like having needles put in him. I have to help pin him down whilst the nurse draws the blood.

I told her the good news today and will pass her a cheque in an official handover next week.

The final final figure was £1,031 so I've rounded it up and will be presenting the group with a cheque for £1,050. In addition to this, Barclays will match £750 bringing the total raised from the event to £1,800.

Massive thanks to everyone who came to the event and even those who couldn't come but still gave money to this great cause. I know for sure that the funds are put to good use so everyone should be rightly proud of helping this group. They are planning to go on holiday next May and this money will allow them to include more people that could not afford to go on their last trip.

Thanks again.

Nice one Sid. A job well done.

Can you come and hold my five year old when she goes to the dentist, too...

Check out the PM, hope to see you soon.

Again, thanks for a great weekend and the help on the bike. Its sweet as can be now.
    Tnx Mike

- Renthal Fat Bars
    - 21" Front wheels

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

That's great - well done Sid

Andres
    Doris doesn't give a fuck...be more like Doris!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234