Wanted Transalp

bikewise

Reaction score
Hello, I'am looking for a 97 to 99 Honda Transalp 600 in good clean condition with reasonable mileage. Anyone any ideas?

Hi bikewise

My old 1997 red and wine one is for sale in Premier Motorcycles in Inchicore in Dublin. They themselves are a shower of muppets but the bike is worth a look.

Reg is 97 KE 7051 if you can or want to get it 'checked' ;).
Mileage is 32000k and he's asking €1995.
The motor in this is a peach and it has only done about 8k miles since 2005!!

I put the rather dodgy red :blast Powerbronze flip screen, The crash bars, The Lazer can (that melted the original indicator) and a scottoiler on it. I had it for about 18 months, put up about 10k on it and minded it like a baby. I traded it in for a 1999 Africa Twin and TBH the Transalp was a better bike - lighter, more economical and would punt along happily at 80mph all day.

Linky to ad - http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/premier-motorcycle-sales/4937256

I dont know if the offside rear panel is missing or was removed just for the pic of the end can. It was 100% complete when I traded it into Megabikes anyway.

kle is nice job.

try xrv uk forum and xrv irish forum plenty for sale there

thanks

Thanks for the replies, in Dublin this weekend for son's race in gravity enduro. I will check in on premier motorcycles.

There is a nice 650 after going on donedeal today in kildare could be worth a look

thanks

I bought that transalp in premier motorcycles in Inchicore on saturday. The place is a bit grim to say the least. Rode the bike to Cork yesterday in the pissing rain and she performed superbly. A few small jobs to tidy her up, but happy so far.

Attachments

• DSC_0399.jpg
    DSC_0399.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 74
Happy days. Best of luck with her. As I said the motor is a peach in this bike and the rest is nothing a bit of elbow grease won't sort out. I vaguely remember changing the rear shock in this for one from an XR650 if you are wondering if its a bit soft. The original was kaput @ 20k.

ENJOY :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom