Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food for the Weekend.

Food for the Weekend.

As mentioned previously, Takeaway food is available from Penstowe Manor next to the campsite which also has a bar, a clubhouse and swimming pool for anyone interested.

I will bring a gas BBQ so those that would like to, can bring their own food to cook as they choose.

There are also a couple of superb bakeries in Bude that make traditional Cornish Pastys: I intend to buy a few to sell at cost in the evenings.

Plus the Humbugs (Andy and Paula) are going to cook a Tom Kha Gai, which is Chicken with lemongrass and galangal in coconut milk, with onion and green beans. It's not a spicy hot dish but individuals can add Andy and Paula's home grown chillies if they wish.
    They will also do a vegetable Pad Thai which is basically stir fried vegetables with noodles and egg in a tangy and slightly spicy sauce with a hint of tamarind and lime. Again they will provide crushed chillies so individuals can make it hotter.

The cost will be a very reasonable £4.00 per head, that is for both dishes on a plate. Plates and cutlery can be provided if required.
    Any profit made will be donated to the Bansang Hospital Appeal which is a charity Andy is supporting with Scooters in the Sahara later this year. A very good cause.

Who needs the Hairy Bikers?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Thom Gai Ga

That sounds perfect for satday night for Sue and I and of course we will pay a generous tip if the proceeds are gong to Bansang
    The purpose of man is to live, not exist !!
    I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them..........
    I will use my time !!
    BMW 1100GSA (on steroids)
    BMW R100R Mystik
    BMW Z3
    Prospector Kevlar Canoe.
    Racelight road bike
    Stihl chainsaw

Old boiled sweet Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by MATKAT View Post
    That sounds perfect for satday night for Sue and I and of course we will pay a generous tip if the proceeds are gong to Bansang
    Thanks Freddy.

I've seen Richard (Madmountainman) today and he and Sandy will be having a plate of food too. Richard has requested and extra large helping!

So I can get a rough idea of numbers and could you please express an interest here so I bring enough ingredients, crockery and cutlery. Please also say what evening you would like food (or both). Thanks.
    Every day I wake up is a good day.

Big Unit

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Thanks Freddy.

I've seen Richard (Madmountainman) today and he and Sandy will be having a plate of food too. Richard has requested and extra large helping!

So I can get a rough idea of numbers and could you please express an interest here so I bring enough ingredients, crockery and cutlery. Please also say what evening you would like food (or both). Thanks.
    Of course Rich needs an extra large portion he is a big unit
    Oh and even though i'm a smaller unit I would like a big portion too
    The purpose of man is to live, not exist !!
    I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them..........
    I will use my time !!
    BMW 1100GSA (on steroids)
    BMW R100R Mystik
    BMW Z3
    Prospector Kevlar Canoe.
    Racelight road bike
    Stihl chainsaw

Thanks Freddy.

I've seen Richard (Madmountainman) today and he and Sandy will be having a plate of food or two. Richard has requested and extra large helping!

Just corrected your post regarding my 'plate of food' Andy.

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

Here's one I made earlier. It's nicely matured now.

Me both nights please

Pic 1... now that's a Richie size dish! Will happily scoff both nights Andy if you have too many ingredients left over from Friday.

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

Size 11.5 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post

Plus the Humbugs (Andy and Paula) are going to cook a Tom Kha Gai, which is Chicken with lemongrass and galangal in coconut milk, with onion and green beans. It's not a spicy hot dish but individuals can add Andy and Paula's home grown chillies if they wish.
    They will also do a vegetable Pad Thai which is basically stir fried vegetables with noodles and egg in a tangy and slightly spicy sauce with a hint of tamarind and lime. Again they will provide crushed chillies so individuals can make it hotter.

The cost will be a very reasonable £4.00 per head, that is for both dishes on a plate. Plates and cutlery can be provided if required.
    Any profit made will be donated to the Bansang Hospital Appeal which is a charity Andy is supporting with Scooters in the Sahara later this year. A very good cause.

Who needs the Hairy Bikers?
    Put me down for some of that please

which night is it for?
    Illegitimis nil carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-H View Post
    Put me down for some of that please

which night is it for?
    It will probably be available for both nights. If I run out of anything I'll be able to purchase extra ingredients at Morrisons in Bude.

Size 11.5 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    It will probably be available for both nights. If I run out of anything I'll be able to purchase extra ingredients at Morrisons in Bude.

Illegitimis nil carborundum

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Be rude not to.
    Me and Barb please....
    Prob just the Friday night...
    She's got to earn her keep sometimes ..

Strawberry fields ... forever Click here to find out how to Subscribe

We'll be there ...

... both nights, so I'll book 1 veg and 3 carnivores for each night please. Will stump up even if we don't manage it as Bansang needs the cash
    Paul

We've found a potential lunch spot for Friday, or maybe Saturday, in Mawgan Porth.

Put me down for the food please

Quote Originally Posted by oblertone View Post
    ... both nights, so I'll book 1 veg and 3 carnivores for each night please. Will stump up even if we don't manage it as Bansang needs the cash
    I can do the Tom Kha as a vegetarian option too. I just leave out the Gai!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast