'Ultimate' Earplugs..... oh yes?

MarkyRR

Reaction score
'Ultimate' what, I wonder? Certainly not service, customer care, or generally giving a monkeys about supplying a decent product, that's for sure.

Ordered these online back in the beginning of April. Fella came to my house to take impressions, all fine, had to pay him additionally. Sent off impressions & was told 28 days......

6 weeks later they arrive after a few emails etc. They don't work. As soon as I put my helmet on and ride the bike, they feel like they lift out, allowing plenty of wind noise in.

Asked me to send them back, 10 day turnaround.......

27 days later. Right hand side is acceptable, although certainly not perfect. Left side obviously has had nothing done whatsoever. Asked me to send them back - 48 hour turnaround. Posted left plug & both impressions back to them on 5th June......

Now claiming they have never received them. Sent back in same packaging, same postal service as they sent out to me. Appears now I've lost my money, earplug & impressions.

Superb company. If you don't like anything like decent service, or if you enjoy wasting money etc, please do use Ultimate ear in Kent - otherwise, run away.

Now it appears I've lost ££'s on the plug, ££'s on the impressions

I bought some a while back after having the impressions done locally and posting them off. They arrived in decent time and I have had no reason to complain.

I'm glad yours are working well for you Trippy. Just giving my own experience/feedback for people to consider if they are in the market.

As per any 'issues', I'm sure the satisfied customers outweigh the dissatisfied ones. In my opinion, the strength of a company is the way it deals with problems should they arise.

Mark,

If there were awards for pissing an individual customer off it seems this would be a good candidate for a top prize.

I work for ultimate and within 3 minutes of you posting this here it was in front of the MD, within 5 he was on the phone to me and not much more than that an email hit your inbox from him.

Yes we screw up from time to time, no excuses being made here but if we did it at all often there'd be no company.

Firstly if I'd experienced your sorry tale I'd be pissed too, the straw that broke the camel's back i.e. T Royal Mail losing them was equally not of our doing.

However, no one at ultimate's end is suggesting you've lost out here, even at the end of all this it we feel it could be made good.

The opportunity is thus, I am in Witney next Wednesday fitting a factory's staff and possibility at the JR on Tuesday evening, I can visit you and take your impressions again 'helmet on', those impressions will be delivered back to ultimate by me Thursday, made again and sent out special delivery early the week after, no one is after a single cent off you for this.

The choice is yours, reply here by all means just don't shoot the messenger, I'm here because I'm a member of THIS community, I just happen to work for the company that has let you down.

Hi Andy, I'm certainly not going to shoot the messenger :) I also appreciate your comments. I've been emailing Dave about this following his response to me, and he said you were going to post here. I appreciate what you are offering, and would welcome a visit from you to re-take the impressions. I really do hope this can be sorted out, and I wish it didn't have to be done so publicly.

I am available both Tuesday (from around 4.45) & Wednesday (from 6.30 ish) next week, so whichever would suit you best.

Thanks again for the reply, I look forward to meeting you :)

Hi Andy, I'm certainly not going to shoot the messenger :) I also appreciate your comments. I've been emailing Dave about this following his response to me, and he said you were going to post here. I appreciate what you are offering, and would welcome a visit from you to re-take the impressions. I really do hope this can be sorted out, and I wish it didn't have to be done so publicly.

I am available both Tuesday (from around 4.45) & Wednesday (from 6.30 ish) next week, so whichever would suit you best.

Thanks again for the reply, I look forward to meeting you :)

No probs, I'll have to grab your contact details off the system so we can firm this up, much depends on when I land in Oxfordshire Tuesday or when I finish on Wednesday but as I was going to see the very man who moulded your ears the first time on one of those evenings its not going to be an issue either way.

Lid-on impressions, not the most pleasant of experiences as you'll find out but sometimes necessary and always done for custom lid wearers, your local traffic plod (amongst others) or where an adjustment hasn't hasn't resolved a fit issue.

Save your money !

'Ultimate' what, I wonder? Certainly not service, customer care, or generally giving a monkeys about supplying a decent product, that's for sure.

Ordered these online back in the beginning of April. Fella came to my house to take impressions, all fine, had to pay him additionally. Sent off impressions & was told 28 days......

6 weeks later they arrive after a few emails etc. They don't work. As soon as I put my helmet on and ride the bike, they feel like they lift out, allowing plenty of wind noise in.

Asked me to send them back, 10 day turnaround.......

27 days later. Right hand side is acceptable, although certainly not perfect. Left side obviously has had nothing done whatsoever. Asked me to send them back - 48 hour turnaround. Posted left plug & both impressions back to them on 5th June......

Now claiming they have never received them. Sent back in same packaging, same postal service as they sent out to me. Appears now I've lost my money, earplug & impressions.

Superb company. If you don't like anything like decent service, or if you enjoy wasting money etc, please do use Ultimate ear in Kent - otherwise, run away.

Now it appears I've lost ££'s on the plug, ££'s on the impressions

Got some ear monitors from "Ultimate" years ago, only used them twice for satnav on long trips over 1 year period. Faulty wire in 1 monitor but no goodwill from company for repair. They cost over £150 + cost of repair. Ended up in back of drawer. I'm convinced they will break if used again
Massive waste of money. :blast

Its not just Ultimate. I had some custom ear plugs by an audiologist. They plugs did all of noting to stop wind noise. I had them remade and this time they either got knocked out fitting my crash hat or they bruised my ears getting the hat off.

Totally useless and unfit for any purpose. What a waste of £80.

The bloke put quite large dollops of cotton wool into each ear before he squeezed in the mixed silicone rubber. I believe that's why they let in so much noise - the actual ear canal wasn't getting blocked so noise just went through my ear lobes.

I say that because the Moldex foam plugs I use on long runs go well into my ears and block out almost all air conduction.

One day I might get brave enough to squirt some mould your own silicone well into my ears. Hopefully A&E wont be too busy.

Back
Top Bottom