1050 tiger throttle stuck open

mikeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbra
got a phone call on friday to recover a mates 2007 tiger.
apparantly the throttle stuck wide open as he was pulling away and he binned it big time:blast
two broken fingers and a fractured ankle.:comfort
looks like the bike is a write off
i havnt looked at the bike in any detail,and wont find anything wrong with the handle bar controls anyway as the righthand side of the bars took the impact.
has anyone heard of any similar stories??

got a phone call on friday to recover a mates 2007 tiger.
apparantly the throttle stuck wide open as he was pulling away and he binned it big time:blast
two broken fingers and a fractured ankle.:comfort
looks like the bike is a write off
i havnt looked at the bike in any detail,and wont find anything wrong with the handle bar controls anyway as the righthand side of the bars took the impact.
has anyone heard of any similar stories??

I've never heard of that on a Triumph before

It has twin throttle cables just like the 1050 Speed Triple

PS my R1200GSA has only got one throttle cable coming out of the twistgrip ..... How about your 1150?

well,i think it will be a write off as the lock stop has broken a big chunk of frame off at the lower headstock bearing.:comfort
as to why the throttle jammed i am starting to think it may be pilot error.the owner is a bit of a born again and he seems to have an incident every time he goes out(about twice a year):eek:
hope he dosnt ever come on ukgser:hide

Is the radiator still intact? If yes I will buy it off him :D:thumb2
i would think the insurance company will be collecting it at some point.
i did think about putting in an offer for it ,until i saw the frame damage,it would have been an easy fix ,it will be a breaker now tho,i cant be bothered with that.

Back
Top Bottom